Chapter 26 - Trust Issues

"Are you really Rin?" I looked at Suna with suspicion. I have trust issues, I couldn't even trust my alarm clock to wake me up in the morning. I needed my phone beside me to vibrate the bed I'm sleeping on—even if it's a dangerous thing.

His eyes widened a bit for a while and returned to its narrow size, he then smirked, "Nope, I'm not Rin, I'm Anus"

That was when it hit me—he really was Rin.

"Uwaaah! Rin! It's nice to meet you in person!" I exclaimed, my heart was pounding, Rin was Suna—the character that I kin—I felt like hugging him, but I had to respect someone's personal space.

I squeezed my hand to resist the urge to hug, whenever I wanted to hug someone, I would hug them immediately. I don't even know why I had that characteristic in the first place. Maybe I just wanted them in my embrace or is it my trust issues again, maybe the universe was playing a joke on me that the people around me were just a figment of my imagination.

Suna took a step closer making me feel taken aback.

"Where is my hug Kemi?" he said teasingly, his two hands were behind his back and he was also leaning forward towards me.

"Eh?"

"On discord you always said that when you meet me in person you were going to give me a big hug. Not to mention, you always sent stickers that represented you hugging me, so—where is my hug?"

I smiled.

I gave him a hug, compressing him tight like how a boa constrictor wraps its body on his prey.

Squeezing his life out of him.

"K-kemi—" a sign for me to stop.

I slowly released my arms from his body to make him catch a breath.

Suna looked away from me a bit and smirked, I looked at the direction he was glancing at a while ago and saw the Miya twins smiling at me.

"Akemi!" I heard a familiar voice shout from afar, it really was familiar that it made me have goosebumps all over—Kita.

I turned to where he was and waved, "Ah–Shin-chan!"

He walked towards me slowly, making my hair stand on my skin.

Just like a predator keeping an eye on his prey, his eyes didn't leave mine as he walked.

When he arrived, he placed his hands on my shoulders pushing me away from the three boys standing, "Your mother and grandmother are waiting for you outside, thank God I told them that I was borrowing you a bit"

"Why are they here?" I questioned him, he was still pushing me gently making sure to not make me trip.

"You'll be heading to the shrine with them"

As we arrived near the door, Kita stopped what he was doing and made me face him. His eyes were serious as ever, they were both staring at mine making it seem like it was staring at my soul.

He said nothing. I said nothing in return.

Awkward.

Without giving me a sign, he hugged me softly. But that soft hug for me wasn't enough so I hugged him with my usual hugs.

He did not pat my back like what others do when they were out of breath and he did not stutter when he spoke signifying he was out of breath, instead he hugged me back—this was Shin-chan.

"What will you be doing tomorrow?" he asked after we both stopped the hug.

Tomorrow at lunch, I will be having lunch with the Miya twins and Suna—of course I shouldn't tell him, because if I do, then that lunch we will be having will not happen in a lifetime.

"I'll be spending the day with the friends I made"

"I see, then I'll try to visit you in the evening, I'll make sure to bring some candies too"

"Wait really? You're not gonna tell me to stop right?" I questioned him, he always took my candies when we were younger, because as he said, if I eat too much I'll have diabetes when I grow up.

"Lets see" he chuckled

Before I was able to get mad at him, a soft voice called me from outside the doors, "Akemi is that you?"

I headed to the door, waving goodbye to Kita, I searched the gymnasium and saw the twins and Suna waving at me, I waved back smiling.

.

.

.

Next Day

It is now 10:35 in the morning, and right now I am fully dressed for the lunch date that I'll be going to. Shoulder-less white top paired with a blue plaid skirt; that was my outfit for the day.

I headed towards the park that me and the boys planned to meet up, and spotted no familiar faces, they still haven't arrived. I sat on the bench which was full of pink fallen flowers; it was under a sakura tree.

I closed my eyes for a bit to adapt to my surroundings full of people. Children guffawing, couples teasing each other, birds chirping, dogs barking and the faint whisper of the cool June wind.

A person.

I opened my eyes and saw a girl smiling in front, she seemed like she was a bit younger than me.

Raven Black Hair tied into two braids on her side. Dark Brown Eyes that kept staring at me while smiling like the Cheshire cat in wonderland.

Creepy.

She was quite a distance away, nevertheless I felt uncomfortable seeing her. A weird aura was emanating from that girl. She was wearing a black lolli dress embellished with some jewelry. A black umbrella and a golden pocket watch was in her hands.

The sounds of the clock ticking was the only thing I heard, the people's voices? Blurred.

I was like in a movie—where the background noises were made vague, the only sound that was focused on was the ticking of the clock.

I tried moving away from the seat I was sitting on, but in vain, it was a futile attempt . I was stuck in that position, it was like something was clasping me down, to prevent me from moving.

Sweat.Heartbeat racing.Hair standing.

The girl was still smiling but now she had raised her right hand out, which held the stop watch, she then pointed out to the number 7.

Still Smiling.

She slowly dropped her hand and looked at me straight in the eyes, it was an unavoidable gaze.

Her lips were moving as if they were saying something to me. I narrowed my vision to try to interpret the message she was giving.

You...Don't...Be-long...here....Se...ven....Mon..ths...Left...

I felt someone softly tapping my shoulder, I looked at my side and saw Suna beside me holding out a bag of potato chips. He had already arrived.

I looked back in the direction where the girl was standing, but she was not there anymore. . .

A/N: First and foremost, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I'm sorry for not posting for so so long, I was planning on posting this chapter on my birthday which was on Dec.17, but on the day before that we witnessed a super typhoon which made the government cut our electricity off, until now the electricity still hasn't return. I'm posting this chapter in my grandma's house where they already have their electricity... Also, this story will be going on hiatus after the 'Inarizaki short arc', because I'll be focusing more on the new fanfic I'll be making.