Chapter 33 - Shame and Embarrassment

I heard some voices when I got conscious after my sleep. But I decided to not open my eyes until they are gone since I knew who the people were; Karasuno volleyball team. I'm still very ashamed of what I have done before I went to my coma, hopefully the nurse still hasn't told them that I had awoken.

It was after a couple of minutes where I heard the silence take over. However most of us know that when we are pretending to sleep we have to wait for a few seconds/minutes before we can fully open our eyes.

And it was the right thing to do.

"I'm sorry," I heard a familiar voice sobbing, "I'm sorry I did that, please open your eyes and hit me whenever you want, you can shout at me, you can scold me, you can do anything your emotions can take you just please...wake up"

Brother. The very first time I heard him break down in front of me. . .

Brother, I'm sorry too, I'm sorry for hitting you. Was what I wanted to say if only my mind didn't hold me back. I was too scared and guilty to at least utter a sound.

I heard some sniffles and shuffling before something warm touched my forehead. I could feel his breathings on me, his hands were slightly squeezing mine. Despair and yearning.

.

.

.

I fell asleep after that scene. It was currently 10 in the morning when I decided to eat the breakfast the hospital prepared for me and headed outside. Taking a look at my surroundings, I noticed that the nurse stationed at the counter wasn't there, so that's why nobody heard the news that I had awoken.

Seeing someone with the owl-like white hair with black stripes walking in the hallway on the right, I knew it was the person I wanted to see at the present moment.

"Ohayo, Bokuto-san"

I noticed him flinch as I greeted and when he came to face me, his whole face lit up.

"Akemi-chan! Ohayoo!"

I gave him a slight smile in return.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Oh, haha, so I was finding your room to visit you since I had no one to talk to"

"I see, well my room is there," I pointed to the door facing the counter, "It is quite stuffy at the moment considering the stuff toys my friends gave me"

He laughed and kept on talking until someone from behind us called his name.We turned around and there within my sight was the world's prettiest pretty boy and Bokuto's partner; Akaashi Keiji.

Goodness knows that if I hadn't brought a handkerchief with me, they would have the mere sight of disgusting blood trickling down my nose.

Quickly covering my nose with my handkerchief, I felt the liquid coming out. This normal person can't handle the aura of this beautiful man.

"Akemi-chan are you okay? Why is there blood on your nose???" Bokuto asked in a worried tone, but before I could tell him that it was a typical occurrence, the next thing I knew was that I was on my hospital bed with two pretty boys sitting and standing by my side.

"This is Akaashi, Akemi," he said patting the back of Akaashi, "Akaashi, this is my new friend, Akemi"

"Hajimemashite," he bowed when he greeted me.

Waving my hand while smiling and saying hello was quite the awkwardest thing I had done, that dying was quite an option right now.

He wasn't quite the talkative person, but with Bokuto present, we had a great conversation. I also got to know him on a deeper kind of level. Not like 'fan to character' but in a 'person to person' relationship.

.

.

.

I am a spineless coward. How many days has it been since I told the nurses who were assigned to me to not tell my family I have awoken? 2-3 days?

Selfish, that is what I am- a selfish coward.

With those few days, I have been quite close already with the two persons, and today is the day when Bokuto will be taking the cast off. In other words, he will be leaving the hospital.

"You're still not telling your family Akemi?" Akaashi spoke to me as we were outside waiting for our owl-like friend while he was in his treatment.

I shook my head. "Not now, after all the ruckus I had caused-"

I stared at the floor, too ashamed to look him in his eyes full of pity and worry. That was then when his hand came in contact with my back, patting it.

"You know, it is quite normal to make mistakes and regret it once you made them," he started, "But what makes it 'not dreadful' is the fact that there is still a whole lot of life ahead of us, learning and understanding them is our responsibility as human beings"

I chuckled. I feel like I was in therapy after what he said.

"You really do have a way of words" I looked at him in his eyes while speaking.

He gave me a small smile then continued, "What I am trying to say is that; you might regret something if you don't do it now. Cause, not all of this is permanent. Maybe there are more huge mistakes you made in the future that the mistake you have committed right now is a small pebble compared to a big boulder"

I turned my gaze away from him and back to the blue tiled floor, I never noticed that the floor was quite detailed in its designs.

My noisy thoughts are now taking over again.

What if my relationship with some people changes? My brother might never behave the way he used to behave like before- he might be cautious of me from now on.

With those questions, I reminisce about the past like it was a normal thing- When I tried saying sorry to my parents for getting a bad grade, when my ex slapped me when I tried to ask forgiveness- who knows if I will be forgiven.

I feel some tears building up in my eyes. I can't cry right now, I just gotta hold it in and say some words to Akaashi before I can cry in a private place. I can't cry right now. I just can't- so please cry, please brain shut up for once. I don't want to appear a crybaby in front of this character.

Before I can wipe my tears while staring at the floor. There I saw Akaashi kneeling in front of me with a handkerchief wiping the tears that were once in the corner of my eyes but were now slipping through my cheeks.

With the assurance that someone is by my side I broke down. He hugged me as I cried on his hard chest. Damn this chest. Without second thought I hugged him back, giving him my usual hug that nobody can endure; the boa constrictor hug. What shocked me most was he was still able to comfort me even with my tight squeezes.

.

.

.

It was in the afternoon when I bid both of the boys a farewell. It was also in the afternoon when I went back to my room and sat up on my bed.

At 3:29 pm, still sitting up on my bed while watching what was outside the window, I had made up my mind that I was ready to ask for forgiveness.

Total Word Count: 1252