Chapter 35 - Female Lead

Without any further ado, I bowed my head low and apologized. I couldn't see the emotions they were showing but I could hear the shocked voices of my classmates; I should have done this outside where no one could see us.

But before I could even utter another word, somebody pulled my arm leading me somewhere. The second thing I knew once I took a look around my surroundings, we were near the gymnasium.

"A-Akemi-chan" I heard someone call. It was Kageyama and Hinata who pulled me here.

"I-I'm really sorry for the problem I have caused-." I spoke nearly stuttering each word, "please...forgive me"

My legs felt like noodles when I did that, asking for forgiveness is really the hardest thing you may encounter.

Silence. I knew what I was about to feel- so I did my self-taught breathing exercises.

One. Inhaling the air was quite difficult with my bowing position.

Two. The desperate urge to suppress the tears, I felt the cold air rushing in my throat as I breathed.

Three. The tears were now dissipating. Thank goodness.

Somebody hugged me. It was that kind of hug where it meant to give comfort and forgiveness to the person being hugged.

"I-its us that should be saying sorry to you Akemi," Kageyama said with a low voice. Hinata, who was still hugging me nodded. That was then that I noticed that Hinata kinda grew taller. Who knew people could definitely change in a few days.

"Even tho-" I continued speaking just to be cut off by Sugawara's exclamatory remark.

"AKEMI?!"

.

.

.

Apologizing is the hardest thing you might encounter, but it is the most refreshing when done. I was brought to the gymnasium when Sugawara was done with his hugs and tears. The club members were shocked once they saw me enter, but all the drama was over after a couple of minutes.

I noticed that Yachi still wasn't here. Right. Classes weren't over- Kageyama and Hinata literally dragged me here without even finishing our morning class.

As I was about to check the time on my wrist watch- somebody tapped me at the back. Seeing a shadow looming over me whose height is 5 feet 4, I knew it was Tsukishima.

"Tomorrow. The debt shall be paid if you go on a promised date with me, "he said emphasizing the word 'promised'.

Debt? Date?

Ting. A sound was heard in my head.

Frick. . .The debt.

Who knew he still remembered that even after months passed by. I just stared at him with utter disbelief, this man does have photographic memory. That a person must be wary about.

"Don't tell me you forgot about it?"

I shook my head in denial. Guilty. I could hear the court judge say.

He heaved out a sigh. Which I assumed was incredulity, then he started speaking again, "Meet me at the town's square just near the large sakura tree at 10 am, don't be late"

With that said he went off to practice.

Remembering what I was about to look at before Tsukki came, I glanced at my wristwatch and noticed it was 2 minutes before classes will end for lunch time. She will be here soon.

I took a look around and saw that everybody was busy with practicing. Taking that to my advantage I slipped off the gym without getting anybody's attention.

Now that my 'temporary assistant manager' role is done. I must focus on my main club again. It has been weeks since I last saw my club seniors.

Heading towards the clubroom, I passed by Yachi who was in a hurry. I stood there looking at her back while she ran. She is now chasing her dreams despite being stuck with her role as Villager B.

Everything that was supposed to happen is now happening. Everyone has a dream to chase; a purpose throughout their whole life of living.

It was then that I realized, despite being a mere side character, I was still a person who too, has aspirations in life. Be it being Ember Clarke, or Akemi Fukuda.

I may be a side character in this world, but I am the female lead in my life.

Ms. Side Character Story 1 End.