Chapter 32 -The rooftop where I met you.

It was 10 pm in the evening when I awoke from my slumber. I took a quick look at my surroundings, and to my surprise, every corner of the room I was in was covered in flowers, gifts, and a get well-soon posters and cards. That was when realization hit me- I was in the hospital.

My legs were all cramped up; how long was I sleeping for them to be in this certain state. I sat up from my bed and saw small gifts and stuff toys at the bedside table with cards in them saying "Get well soon, Akemi"

The room felt stuffy with all these things, luckily my nose didn't react to the fur of the stuffed toys around here. Noticing the dextrose tied to me, I grabbed the bag and headed towards the door. Despite it being 10 pm, nurses were roaming around while some patients were still awake.

Closing the door behind me, I headed towards the table with a nurse writing something on paper. It seems that she noticed me approaching her since she raised her head up and smiled at me.

"You are finally awake Fukuda-san"

What was that supposed to mean? Was I sleeping for a long time?

"How long was I sleeping?" I gathered up the courage to ask her; my voice was like a frog croaking, the tone of each word was different from the others.

She searched for a file in the midst of the handful of folders lined up, when she finally found it, she read the contents and spoke.

"3 days for most"

3 days. 3 whole days. 72 hours. The time I was lying unconscious.

Not even a single voice was heard from me. I was literally speechless of the fact that I was a sleeping beauty for days.

"Many people visited you at that time too, since I am assigned at this desk for the whole week I could see the worried faces they have plastered on their faces"

The volleyball club.

"There was also one group where they literally were running heading towards the room you were staying," she continued, "They really must care for you"

After the little exchange we had, I asked her if it was okay for me to head to the rooftop at this hour. And that is where I am heading now. The rooftop; a place where I assume I can sort out my stupid thoughts.

Opening the heavy rooftop door with only one hand was complicated, but I still managed to do it. The place was nothing that I had in mind. There were lamp posts everywhere lighting up the space; some guards were stationed at designated places and there was quite an adequate amount of people here.

Seeing a bench near a bush with no one to bother me, I headed there. Flopping myself down I rested my head on the bench and looked at the night sky. There were no clouds today; it was just the stars and the beautiful moon.

With that comfort, I started to examine the thoughts I had in my head. About the comma I had, the creepy little girl and her sayings, the future and particularly my role here in this world.

Was I really not needed here just like my first life? What does it feel like having someone to need me? Was I really that useless?

I was so absorbed with my thoughts that I didn't notice someone trying to talk to me.

"Uhmmm, excuse meeee, can you hearrrr mee????"

I looked at my side and saw a familiar figure. He was flailing his arms despite the crutches on his sides. It can't be.

Isn't this the original Haikyuu and not a fan fiction world?

Standing there at my side was Bokuto Kotaru. Fukorodani's volleyball captain. The one who died in the "In Another Life" fanfiction where my precious tears were utterly wasted.

What the heck is he doing at the hospital?

"Sorry for that, I was lost in my thoughts for a while," I replied fastly, "uh, what do you need from me?"

Hearing my reply, he gave me a huge smile that literally was near his ears before he spoke again.

"So haha, as you can see most of the people up in rooftop is hanging out with their hospital friends"

As he said that, I took a look around my surroundings again, and to my surprise, most of the individuals I saw earlier had left the place and only 2 groups of people in their hospital clothes were together.

"That's why, I am asking if you could hang out with me since I want to talk with someone at this moment, pluss, you look like we are the same age- so I came here-" he scratched the back of his head while talking, "Is it alright for me to sit down beside you?"

Nodding slowly I scooted over the other side of the bench to let him sit at the other end. Placing his crutches between us, I noticed the cast that was on his right foot and shooed the thought of the fanfiction sickness- Insomnia.

"I'm Bokuto Kotaru btw- and you are?" he asked, looking at me straight with his owl-like eyes.

Introducing myself, he and I shared some information about ourselves; school, age, hobbies and many other things.

He was just like Hinata, a ray of sunshine in the middle of unfathomable darkness.

"So you are interested in drawing? One of my cousins is also like that."

Nodding at his statement, he proceeded speaking.

"I assume you are in the drawing club then," before I could correct him he continued his statement, "Well, I am the captain of the Fukurodani's volleyball club! Amazing isn't it!"

I smiled and agreed, this character loves compliments like how he also loves volleyball. He then asked me why I was up late at this hour.

"I just woke up from a 3 day coma, and my legs felt cramped up so I had to take a walk here and also to sort out my thoughts up here," I said while pointing at my brain.

Seeing the shock from his face, maybe the fact that I had a coma was unbelievable.

It was 4am when we headed down back to our rooms, who knew we had been talking for hours. My eyes were drooping just as we arrived at our room's floor; I was sleeping for 3 days. Who knew I would be sleepy right now.

Bidding farewell to Bokuto, I then headed towards my room, the things were still there. I didn't have the energy to atleast read them at this moment, I just felt like sleeping. Heading to the bed, I plopped my whole body on the soft cushion.

But before I lost my consciousness, one thing came to my mind; 7 months left... It felt like a haunting countdown before I could return to my world.

.

.

.

Total Word Count: 1160

A/N: H-heyyy guyss, it has been awhile isn't it?(#`-_ゝ-) I literally want to apologize for not updating this FF for a month, since I was busy with school back then...I just also finsihedd school, so I might be focusing on creating more chapters in this FF, but I could not promise this to you tho ^^" I hope you liked this chapter, and to those who read this story and even read the updates; THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT T^T.

ONE QUESTION BTW:

Who do you want Akemi to end up with? Remember; there are still some characters coming on the following chaps!