Chapter 31. Everything was on repeat.repeat.repeat.

They both pulled me inside the gymnasium as soon as they saw me. There really was no escape for this subject unless a miracle comes; which I hope will happen though the possibility is low as heck.

The first years were staring at me in a far corner of the building and I felt embarrassed as soon I spotted them. As soon as Nishinoya and Sugawara made me sit on a chair, their questions came like an air raid and I was a person who was unprepared for it.

"Are the rumors true Akemi?" Sugawara asked, I couldn't look them in the eye, this was all my brother's fault for putting me in this situation, nevertheless, I'm also thankful to him for yesterday.

"Do you really have a boyfriend?" it was Nishinoya's turn to ask his question, yet I still stayed silent.

A misunderstanding. A terrible thing in stories that keeps characters apart. One thing I will never have in my own story was this one.

I made up my mind to tell them the truth when Tanaka poked me from the back and told me that someone was here to pick me up. Who would even pick me up from school like I'm a 5-year-old kid with no sense of direction?

"He said he's your boyfriend," Tanaka softly whispered in my ear to avoid the attention of the others. Boom. My chance, to tell the truth, is here; my miracle has arrived.

I stood up and ran towards the entrance leaving the others in a state of confusion, but before I could reach the door, my brother who has his mid-length hair tied up in a tiny ponytail while wearing some plain shirt paired with saggy pants went inside calling me.

One, two, three, and more stares were now fired at us. Despite those eyes, all I could think was to get my fist on his face because he knew I hated attention and yet placed me on this stage with headlights all over me.

With that objective in mind, I got it over with. Then all I could hear was silence. The terrifying and deafening silence that makes me feel anxious every time I hear it—the main reason why I sleep with headphones on or when people are present while talking to one another.

My brother looked at me shocked as the others were. I am a sensitive person and that fact itself will never change. They say that flaws and imperfections are part of you. But how could I consider them part of me when they are burdensome in my 'trying to be perfect' life like how I did before my reincarnation?

My parents were perfectionists. Father was a CEO while mother was a lawyer. They had great expectations for me, and some of that included good grades, being a champion in every contest, enrolling me in different classes, and expecting me to be every inch-perfect.

Nevertheless, I was horrible at math and science, and have never been first place in every competition I joined. I was supposed to be innocent yet I watched and read BL, I was supposed to be good at dancing and cooking yet I'm clueless in those arts.

I was broken before I came into this world, however, all of that changed when I met my new family, despite how strict they are, they loved everything that I couldn't even manage to love within myself. Akemi's family. My family.

I could feel droplets leaving my eyes when I looked at the shiny wooden floor. Tears.

I couldn't face anyone, not even myself for what I did and what was coming out of my eyes. Filthy tears. How was I even feeling any of this without feeling hurt? There was no cause for this so why. . . why are tears coming out of my eyes?

"Tell them the truth, brother" I murmured even with my fuzzy thoughts, keeping in mind that there was silence, my voice was heard by everyone in the gymnasium.

He heaved a sigh.

I assume he started speaking considering how his mouth was moving, but I could hear nothing. Words were in my mind, horrible hurtful words. But there were only three that made a great impact on me: Crybaby. Disappointment. Worthless.

My feet started moving. I had no idea where it was taking me but it was leading me somewhere very familiar. It felt like someone was controlling me.

Hole. I stood in the middle of an abandoned part of a street with a quite huge hole right in front of me on the ground. It called my name. It was tempting me to fall. It was tempting me to go back.

Before I could even regain my consciousness, the girl in black appeared and talked to me with a creepy smile on her face. "Your just a petty little character Akemi-chan"

Creepy wide smile. Creepy glaring eyes. Creepy scary words.

"I can control every inch of you, from your emotion, your actions even your fate"

With those words, she disappeared and I was left in darkness with a deep hole in front of me on the ground. The hole. The hole that made me enter the Haikyuu universe. The hole which gave me trauma and phobia.

The darkness was calling my name. The darkness was calling my original name. Everything. Everything that I ever thought even at this moment of madness—everything was on repeat.

My name. My name is called by my brother was the last thing I ever heard before being united with darkness itself.

The darkness was eating me. The darkness was swallowing me. The darkness...was sending me back to where I came from.

.

.

.

A/N: It's my hands' fault guys. IDK what it was doing while typing but it seemed like it was changing the storyline I planned for with the help of my brain. I feel like the story I'm writing is taking a dark turn and all I could blame was my hands. So if you're expecting some good, fluffy, ending or something--- I don't know what I'll say to you but the possibility is low even so it can happen. I'll leave the fate of Akemi to my hands now T-T. I feel sorry for her tbh, it's like a dark writer part of me is making her suffer.