Chapter 27 - Heartbreak

-Warning: Bad words-

"You want chips?" Suna spoke while munching. He was wearing some denim pants underneath paired with a tucked white shirt.

I looked back at where the girl was standing before, but now she had disappeared—-maybe it was also just part of my hallucination.

I grabbed some elongated chips from the bag Suna was holding and gobbled it down my mouth to ease the frustration I was in. "Atsumu and Osamu?"

"They're probably heading here" he replied coolly, he ate the last food inside the cellophane he was holding out, and threw it in a trash bin nearby. He was bringing a small backpack with him.

He held out his right hand to me as he was standing. "Do you want to explore the place for a while?"

I looked around and still, the twins haven't arrived—my buttocks were slowly hurting from the solid chair I was sitting on—a little walk wouldn't hurt.

I took Suna's hands, it was the same texture I felt when I held his hand for the first time yesterday. "Where will we be going?"

He pointed at a shop nearby, "Let's head there first"

As we walked towards that shop, his hand still hadn't left mine making my cheeks turn red—there was of course no problem I encountered today except for that little girl wearing all black— however, there was also a problem I had to face today—I didn't drink the medicine for my nosebleed

"We are here" he spoke suddenly after the silent walk we made.

Singing contest. The sign which was up at the top read.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him, full of confusion, the new sandals that I was wearing were starting to hurt my ankle.

He didn't answer the question, instead, he gently pulled me near him as he maneuvered in the crowd of people flocking the area.

"We will sit here," he said showing an empty bench near the stage—I don't even know how he acquired a bench all of a sudden.

A girl with blonde hair and black eyes was singing on the stage—she was singing an old Japanese song that was quite popular in ancient times.

I repeated my question again, "What are we doing here?"

This time, he answered. "We are watching a 30-minutes singing contest, the winner gets to take home some money from the restaurant sponsoring this small competition"

He then explained some things about the contest we were spectating; Some people will be chosen from the crowd to sing in the center, 5 people to be exact and this girl was the 4th. The performer was gonna be given a subject or topic to sing about–either they make a song about it within 3 minutes, find a song that fits the topic or forfeit.

"Is this match held every day?"

"Only on Saturdays, I think"

The petite girl had finished her song and a wave of applause was heard. She bowed a couple of times to the crowd while blushing—she was shy.

"Thank you Ms. Hamada for that beautiful performance!" a woman in her late thirties appeared on the stage, she might be the emcee considering the black suit she was wearing," We will now be moving on to our next and last performer for today's competition!"

The crowds were whistling and shouting.

She pointed her hand to the crowd and moved it wildly, she closed her eyes as she whisk her hand up, down, right, and left until it landed on someone—her finger was pointing to where I was seated.