Chapter 13 - Practice Match

Hinata POV

We will be participating in a practice match with Aoba Johsai tomorrow. I was feeling excited and nervous at the same time, this will be my first practice match representing Karasuno.

"Akemi" I murmured, I didn't think it would be loud enough for Kageyama to hear.

"Stop thinking about her boke!" he yelled with his face blushing.

We both were now heading home after a long day.

"Sugawara-san missed her so much," I said, looking up at the cloudless night sky, "Kageyama, have you already memorized the periodic table?"

A deep silence ensued, the only sounds I heard were my breathing and the creaks of the bike I was walking with. 

Right. We both still haven't even memorized the 1st element.

The Next Day

I was nervous...Nervous...My hands were shaking, my feet were cold, I even puked on the bus. The pressure, my senpai's counting on me for the game, it felt scary.

"I-I'll do my..." I tried speaking,  I suddenly felt a stabbing pain in my stomach, I need to go to the restroom. This was where I had come out with my conclusion...practice matches. . .they are terrifying.

.

.

.

It is now my time to serve, match point for the first round and we were at a disadvantage, Seijoh 24 while we were 13. This was all my fault. All of this was overwhelming, the court and the tall players.

Overwhelming. . .what a word.

I heard the referee blow the whistle, the first round was over and we lost.

Kageyama made me realize, that nothing is scarier than hitting his head. Tanaka-senpai gave some words for reassurance and inspiration. I remembered that I was not the only one in the match alone. My teammates were there, Kageyama was there. . .

"Hinata!" Sugawara called from the sidelines, "Your phone is ringing!"

I asked permission from the referee to answer my phone and he nodded. As I got my phone out, my stomach had butterflies. The name 'Akemi' was labeled as the caller.

My cheeks were now warm, and my heart was beating quite fast. I can't believe Akemi was calling me.

"Moshi Moshi" I heard her voice.

"AKEMIII" I exclaimed, as I said the name, I noticed that a few eyes were staring at me.

I heard her giggle.

"You're in a practice match with Seijoh right now, right?" she questioned, she must have heard it from the teachers.

"Mn," I nodded, my cheeks getting warmer.

"All I want to say is..." she inhaled, "ganbatte Hinata...I know it will be quite overwhelming when participating in a practice match for the very first time but that's normal."

"Mn" 

"I believe in you, Shoyo. . ."

My heart was beating wildly like it was about to jump out of my chest, my cheeks were now hot, no. . . my whole face was hot.

"Arig...Arigatou Akemi! I'll do my best" I tried speaking normally because I was now a blushing mess at this moment.

Before I could even say another word, the phone from my hand was gone.