Chapter 20 - In the Hospital

"We'll be taking a weeks' vacation after you'll be released from the hospital" my mother stated, peeling some apples on my side.

The doctors have told us that I'll be stuck in the hospital for at least 3 days because they needed to monitor my health which was, deteriorating.

"Where will we be heading mom?" I replied munching the apples that she gave me.

She stopped what she was doing and smiled sweetly at me, "To your grandmother's house"

After she said those couple of words my eyes widen in surprise, I could also feel my mouth slowly smiling, "You mean I can see Shin-Chan?"

She nodded.

I grabbed my phone which was laying at the bedside table and started scanning through my contact list.

Shin-chan.. . my childhood best friend. . .the one who helped me when I was lost. . . I'll be seeing you again.

.

.

.

I was bored. Really bored.

What are you going to do in a hospital room with dextrose in your left hand?

Nothing. Just watch some shows on the vintage TV at the farther corner of the room, or just stare in empty space and think some scenarios that didn't even exist.

But I have done all of those---my mother will be back in a couple of hours because she needed to do some household chores in our house---what am I going to do now?

I swiped and swiped on the small screen that was in front of me; my phone.

I posted a 'my day' story on my social media picturing my feet on a blanket while watching some television. I doubt that anybody was going to see that story anyways, everybody's busy these days because they have work to do, like how the Karasuno members are preparing for the Aoba Johsai match.

They are going to lose of course, but in the future, it will be the other team's loss.

Omegle, my phone screen showed. I was so bored that I decided to talk to some strangers, ironic isn't it? A shy person like me chatting with some unknown people that I haven't even met in real life.

The first person I talked to was weird, 'he' as what he called himself, was an alien that came from Mars to invade the earth.

The second person I talked to kept on telling me to show some nudes, which disgusted the heck outta me.

"Hi" I texted to the third person I was paired to.

Please Don't be weird, I prayed.

-----

Random Stranger:

How old are you?

Random Stranger(Akemi):

15 turning 16 tomorrow. You?

Random Stranger:

You're turning the same age as me, 16.

Random Stranger(Akemi):

Wow, so I'm guessing you are

a 2nd year?

Random Stranger:

Yea. What should I call you btw?