Chapter 14 - An Accident

"I think you're fully ready now Akemi," Kuroo said while smiling.

"What if I like---missed an element? What should I do?" I asked, worry present in my voice, I usually tend to overthink when I'm nervous about some things.

He looked at me with a blank expression and suddenly laughed.

"If you miss an element, then you've gotta say it in the long run even if the order is not properly arranged."

My mind was now thinking too much that I really need to make it stop working, I scratched my head furiously; this brain really got its way on taking full control of what I am thinking.

"That's the end of today's study session" he talked while standing up.

Tomorrow will be the science oral, and this is the last day that I'm gonna meet Kuroo at this location, not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss these short 'afternoon to night' discussions.

"Is it okay with you if I take you on a date?" he questioned while lending a hand for me to stand.

This question would have made my heart leap at least 100 light-years if we were in outer space.

Without thorough thinking, I nodded, I mean--- who would not accept a one-time date from a fictional character? Obviously not me!

.

.

.

Candies, biscuits, cookies, lollipops, bubble gums, milk tea's and some parfait, were all in one bag that Kuroo was carrying.

"You really do have a sweet tooth" he trodded along the road we were taking.

I opened my mouth and took another bite from the parfait I was eating, I nodded smiling.

The neighborhood was silent, it was currently 10:21 pm in the evening, I thankfully texted my mom a while ago that I'll be going home late, so I can enjoy my time with the boy next to me, miraculously, she agreed.

The moon was now shining its silver moonlight upon me, it didn't feel warm like the sun but it was calming, telling me that she is always there.

"Bella Luna" I whispered underneath my breath with my heart feeling happy.

I heard some clicking noises near me, I instantly looked at my side and saw Kuroo holding out his phone while pointing the camera at me, he smirked.

I was always insecure with the way I look, in every photo I always see the flaws I have visible on my face. My nose is too big, my eyes aren't equal, my teeth look weird, my face is so scrunched up, that type of nonsense.

I stood on my tippy toes to try to grab the phone out of his hold, but it was a futile attempt; I could only reach up to his neck.

He was now towering over me, that my short stamina self needs to jump to reach that high.

I was hyperventilating when he slowly slipped away and ran fast, and far away from me.

"Ku...Kuroo wait f-for me" I wheezed, my parfait was now gone since while I was jumping, it fell face flat on the rocky road.

I slowly ran after him, trying to take in small gasps of air while doing it.

I saw him stop and he looked back at me, half of me was debating either to wipe that smug expression of his or making it last longer. None. . .none actually made some sense.

My legs were now exhausted; I was now exhausted; every part of me felt exhausted, but he was so near that I had no choice but to at least waste the remaining energy in me just to reach him.