Chapter 10 - Warm

My hands were cold to the touch, and my whole body was trembling. Who would've thought that I would be so nervous? Not me, that's for sure. 

"Akemi, are you alright?" questioned Sakura, seemingly worried.

 I nodded despite not being okay. At this moment, we are now backstage, preparing for our performance. 

 "I'd like to welcome you all first-years to Karasuno high!" I heard the emcee announce animatedly. 

 My heart was now thrumming rapidly, so much that I was convinced it was going to jump out of my chest one way or another. I absentmindedly rubbed my now sweaty hands to my pants, trying to at least rid of the uncomfortable feeling.

 An adrenaline rush was the last thing I needed right now. Heck, I'm not even going to be skydiving nor bungee jumping. I'm just going to be standing on the stage, with hundreds of people watching; there's no need to feel this nervous, right?

 I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the emcee continuing their speech, "I bet you're all already getting sick of hearing me talk non-stop." 

 Please don't call us yet. . . 

 "For just a moment, let's listen and explore the world of music!" 

 Not us please. . . 

 "Let us now welcome . . ." 

 Please . . . 

 "The Music Club with their performance!" 

 Ugh. . . 

.

.

.

 Standing on the stage while a crowd of people is watching you is a normal situation for me. Sometimes, I would be in a debate, deliver speeches, or even do public speaking. The thing is, all of that was in my past life as Ember Clarke. 

 I could feel a lot of gazes staring right at us. Taking a quick glance around me, I noted that my seniors were now seated at their assigned instruments ready to blast. 

 I took in a deep breath and exhaled. . . I can do this. 

 "Good morning to everyone present in this room, today my club and I will be performing a special song for this First Year Welcoming program," I started speaking, my voice coming out surprisingly steady. "I hope you'll enjoy it!"

I turned my back and looked at my senpai's, they were all giving me an encouraging smile, making me give an appreciative grin towards them. 

 "We will be playing an original song called, Fuwa Fuwa Time," I nodded at Emika-senpai since she will be playing the bass first. . . and the instruments started playing. . .

Here is the song Akemi played. I don't own this song (again)

Yamaguchi's POV

The band started playing, and I noticed that the once bored Tsukki is now placing his full attention on the girls' performance. It was so out of character for him that I had to do a double-take to make sure that the way his eyes shone and the pink tint on his cheeks were not just a mere hallucination. Spoiler alert: it wasn't. 

I glanced at the other side of the gym and saw that Hinata and Kageyama wore the same expression as Tsukki. Hinata was holding a phone recording the performance— abiding by Sugawara's wishes.