Chapter 18 - Kuroo

Kuroo POV

I looked at her, she was on the sidelines beside coach Nekomata, both of them talking with each other. When she smiled, it made my heart punch its way out of my chest. It was beating uncontrollably.

"Kuroo-san she really is a beauty," Yamamoto remarked while glancing at her.

"Hands off my property Yamamoto" I commanded, I never wanted to show her in front of my teammates. Because deep inside I knew that someone will be feeling the same feeling as me whenever she is near.

"Your Property?" I heard someone snap on the other side of the net, "dream on."

He was the tallest player in Karasuno, with blonde hair and he wore glasses.

"Akemi belongs to us" the short orange-haired boy chimed in, "she belongs here in Karasuno"

They were all fired up.

"How about let's make a deal" I smirked.

"What deal is it?" their captain, Daichi Sawamura glared at me.

This was fun.

"If you win this match, I'll never bother your manager anymore. However! If we win this match then; she will be our manager for three days straight."

"A girl manager for three days!" Yamamoto rejoiced.

I held out a hand towards their captain, "Is it a deal?"

Without hesitation, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight, his eyes were deadly serious and so was his other teammates. . .

"Deal. . ."

.

.

.

The afternoon of the day after the match

"I can't wait for her to arrive" Yamamoto sang while staring at the door.

"Oi Yamamoto, stop that and come practice with us" Yaku scolded, he had been practicing his receives intensely after the practice match with Karasuno.

It's now 4:10 in the afternoon and yet she still hasn't arrived, she was not the type of person to break a promise, at least she did not look that way to me.

I looked around and saw Kenma practicing with Lev, a couple of days ago he had finally got the set right, and he also keeps telling us that attacking first was more effective than defense.

I wonder who made him change like that.

I was about to head towards both of them to practice my spikes until we all heard someone exclaim.

"G-Gomenasai, the train was running a bit late so I didn't arrive in time"

I snapped my head towards the direction where the voice came from, and there she was, standing in front of us in a disheveled state, panting.

"Nice to meet you Fukuda-san!" Yamamoto bowed deeply, his head almost level with his waist. A saikerei.

"You don't have to bow like that," she panicked, slightly embarrassed, "You can also just call me Akemi since 'Fukuda-san' is too long and lengthy"

She introduced herself to everyone, and based on my observations, they all seemed to love her except for Kenma.

.

.

.

"Let's wrap up for the day!" I called, sweat was dripping on every part of my body making the clothes I was wearing wet.