Chapter 15 - The Human Mind

The oral . . .the periodic table oral. . .IT'S FINALLY OVER

I was on the verge of bawling my tears out, the hard work. . .it finally paid off! I rummaged my bag to look for my phone and got it out immediately. Scanning through my contact list, I saw the number I was going to call. 

The phone kept ringing and ringing, my heart was punching its way out of my chest until someone picked up.

"Moshi Moshi, who is this?" a man's voice was heard on the other line, it seemed like he just finished running considering how he is wheezing at this moment.

"Kuroo-san! My oral's are finally over!" I cried, I was the only person in the room, all of the students has either gone home or to their club activities.

"A-AKEMI?!" 

"Eh? What's wrong Kuroo-san?" I asked.

"Ah- Its nothing. . ."

After the call, I headed straight to the gym to meet Sugawara, I promised him that after my science oral, I would give him some of my time to hang out.

"Excuse me" I spoke, opening the gym's front door.

"Ah- Fukuda-san" I heard someone speak from the inside.

It was Daichi, he was cleaning the balls from the practice they did.

"Sugawara and the others will be back soon, he told me to tell you that you can wait here for him" he added.

I nodded in agreement and went to the seat that was quite near him, there were no other seats in the gym that's why. I placed my bag down on the bench and helped him collect the other balls, there were a ton of them laying on the floor.

The silence was uncomfortable and awkward, I don't really like to be in a room with a person and never say anything. I was about to talk to him when he blurted something out.

"Fukuda-san" he stated still picking up the balls, "Is it okay with you if you became our temporary assistant manager?"

The balls in my hands fell, my eyes widened a bit, and no words went out of my mouth. "Assistant Manager?" I thought, "Isn't that Yachi's spot in the future?"

"Shimizu is doing her best and I think she also is having a hard time," he stood up, dropped the balls in one container, and went towards me, "That's why if it's okay with you, can you help her?"

I looked at him blankly, he really is a caring person. Thoughts were roaming inside my head, debating if I should do it or not.

"Also, the others will be motivated to play when you are here" he added.

I leaned my head a bit on the side and asked, "Why?"

"Because they---" he stopped mid away and smiled at me, "Anyways, should I give you more time to think the decision thru?"

I shooked my head, not one haikyuu fan will waste this opportunity on being a manager in Karasuno, I mean--- why would they? If you are a manager of the volleyball club, you get to meet the other teams, other teams with hot characters in them. Like the thought of it blows my mind.

"I'll accept the offer" I smiled genuinely.

His face gave an enthusiastic expression and he thanked me a million times.

"I'm really grateful for having you here Fukuda-san," he shook my hand strongly and then he slowly let go, "Me, and the others are planning to head towards the nationals, I know it will be one heck of a journey but I also know it will be worth it."