Chapter 28 - Last Days

Strumming the electric guitar I was holding, I opened my mouth to sing...

-----

"That's a lot of money Akemi!" Atsumu marveled at the bills I was holding.

I had won the singing contest and had received 10 000 yen as a reward. I guess there is a benefit for both the contestants and the restaurant--- talk about business.

"Casting aside the money, I didn't know you could sing like that, Kemi," the person who was at my left side said; Suna.

I laughed, all three of them were sitting like a statue as I started singing---I guess they don't understand English at all.

We all were heading to the Sushi house we planned to go to yesterday, as we arrived, there were only a minimum of people eating today.

The restaurant was as big as 2 bedrooms with small wooden tables on every corner, cushions were placed down on the floor underneath the table.

"Lucky," Atsumu grinned, going inside first.

All of us took a seat at the table near the corner which was a table designated for 4 people and ordered our food. There was a vast variety of sushi on the menu.

A waitress who was probably in her twenties approached us as we gave her a sign that we were now ordering.

"We will all have this one," I talked to her pointing at the seafood sushi, she wrote it all down in her paper and went back to the counter.

As she said, we had to wait for at least 30 minutes before our food arrives---for a hungry person 30 minutes is a long time.

"Akemi," Suna called at my side, "smile!"

That caught me in surprise because the second thing I knew a flash of light appeared blinding my eyes.

Suna viewed the pic and laughed when he saw my eyes squinting. Who knew this was so embarrassing.

"Akemi," Atsumu called, I looked straight and saw another flash of light appear---damn.

I covered my face with my hands to hide my embarrassed expression. All of the pictures they take have my hideous expression on the image.

I viewed Atsumu's phone as he was snickering along with Osamu and Suna. My face was worse on his.

With my eyes widened and my mouth agape, I looked like someone who was surprised by something.

They were like paparazzi.

"Akemi, look here," Osamu said at a fast pace. I whisked my head in his direction, did a peace sign with my right hand, and then smiled. Not this time.

A quick flash of light appeared again, and as it stopped, I also stopped the pose I was doing.

I didn't notice my bag's opening was facing the floor until my perfume dropped. I went under and grabbed it. It was a shocking thing that when I was under the table, the three of them up there were quiet.

As I sat up straight again, the three of them were staring at Osamu's phone speechless. Was my face really that ugly that they had to stare at it for minutes?

I grabbed my phone from my bag, took a selfie with the people on my back not knowing what I was doing. They really were immersed in the picture that they didn't notice I took a selfie with them.