1.

Noor's POV

"Hua hai aaj pehli baar, jo aise muskuraya hun.
Tumhe dekha to jana ye, ke kyun duniya mein Aya hun.
Tujhse ishq karne ki ijazat rabb se laya hun...."

"Ms.Noorie, pray tell why is it that you are singing the male version of this song? Come on stop your daydreaming and come help me with the kitchen", comes the annoying voice of my mother.

"No mama, you know I hate cooking right. Why do I have to worry when I have you and taima to cook me delicacies?"

"Goodness, what will I do with this girl. You can't probably tell your mother in law that u never learnt cooking because your taima is a great chef." She huffs and walks into the kitchen mumbling God knows what else.

I continue humming my favorite song. Just then, my forever dream walks into the house stumbling slightly. Why is he coming from outside this early in the morning? Isn't he supposed to be walking out to office instead of walking in? He walks towards the dining table smiling slightly at me, " Hey, Noorie."

I smile back," Hi there Izaan!"

"How many times have I told you to call him bhai?", my mother's annoying voice.

"Come on, mom. It's the 21st century. It's fine if I don't call him bhai."

Izaan shakes his head at our banter and just then bade papa walks in with a serious expression which turns furious as his eyes land on Izaan.

"Izaan, where were you the entire night? And what it is th-... the hell!! Are you drunk. What the hell is wrong with you Izaan!" His voice booms.

My heart stops at the revelation. I always knew Izaan liked partying outside and I also knew that he has had a few girlfriends. But this is getting out of control.

I walk towards the pictures that Bade papa threw on the floor. The moment I saw it, I freeze in my spot. In the middle of the dance floor, Izaan is wrapping his hands around a woman with a skimpy dress on her that hid next to nothing and his lips are on her neck. Tears flow down my eyes without permission. Just then I see things have taken a violent turn. Bade papa is punching Izaan who is standing there without defending himself. Papa comes in to stop Bade papa and somehow manages to stop him.

Taima is also crying and she wants to come towards her son but I know she is bound. So I tell her with my eyes I will take care of her son. She gives me a teary smile which pains me more.
They walk into one of the bedrooms with both the mothers rushing after them to calm Bade papa down. I walk into the kitchen to get ice. I move towards Izaan and place it on his jaw. He hisses out trying to take the icebag from me but I resist.

"Why are you crying Noorie?" He questions and I refuse to make eye contact. I just shake my head and continue to do my work. He just gets up after sometime and walks towards his room. I keep staring at his back until he disappears.

I run into my room and begin crying. Why are you that way Izaan? How could you kiss someone else? Inspite of knowing about his nature, it still hurts so much. He did his masters from England, I knew he likes the western culture from the beginning but what I failed to see was he still hasn't changed his ways.

Our family sadly was always never too religious. They progressed with time and gave their kids the liberty to choose what they wish to do. But they always expected of us to keep our morals intact. And certain things we are always prohibited to do bound by righteousness. Alcohol and dating are one them.

I just hope bade papa isn't so harsh with Izaan. By the looks of it, he isn't going to let the matter go so easily this time around. I lay down on my bed thinking about a certain pair of blue eyes.

I wake up due to the knock on my door. I open it to see taima standing there with a nervous expression.

"Taima, please come in. How is bade papa now?" I ask quickly. She just shakes her head.

We both head towards the bed and sit down. She keeps her hand on my head running her fingers through my hair and I smile. She always does that to soothe me.

"Things are not good Noorie. Your bade papa is serious about how his son is behaving. He was in a fit of rage today and we could hardly manage to calm him. He then asked me to find a girl to marry him off because he believes marriage will make him understand his responsibility. And it's not just him, we all think getting him married will bring him back on track." She says and I am horrified at the revelation. They want to marry my Izaan with some other girl!!

She must have seen the horrified expression on my face and I see understanding dawn at her face, "Noorie, do you...." she trails off and I get her meaning.

My heart is in my throat right now, should I tell taima of my feelings?
Would that be appropriate? But if I don't tell her now, she is going to marry him off to someone else. No , no way!!

"Taima, I don't know how to tell you but it's true that I like Izaan. Like a woman."

" Really? I am so happy that u decided to confess Noorie. I had a feeling you liked him but then thought I was reading too much into the lines. But now that you confessed, I don't think I could find my boy a better bride than you." She smiles and I give her a shy glance. After that, she walks out saying she wants to talk with every one about it.

Finally, my Izaan is going to be mine. But I am not naive to not know that making him accept this marriage is going to be a tough job! He is one stubborn man and I know I am in for a long fight. But who said I can't handle it. I have known Izaan for a lifetime and hopefully he will see light soon enough.

I walk downstairs for dinner, Izaan isn't here. With the expression on everyone's face I know they all know about my feelings now. It somehow makes me feel shy. I don't look up through out the dinner and as it end, I hear Papa's voice, " Noor, beta come into my room after finishing food. I need to talk to you."

I nod my head, my hands are shaking. What if papa doesn't agree to this union? I can't do it without his blessings. I have to convince papa.

When I go into Papa's room, both of them are sitting on the couch with a worried expression on their face.

"Beta, are you sure you want to marry Izaan? Although ,he is like my son, he is still spoilt and I would want nothing but the best for my princess", Papa asks in a soothing voice.

"Papa, I know who Izaan is and when I said I love him, it means I want to accept him with all his faults. I know it will be difficult but I am sure he will be a better man soon", I say with enough confidence which I am hoping will clear all of their doubts.

"When did my princess grow up so much? I am proud of who you have become baby" Papa says and I smile.

Mama is crying and we both hug her. She wraps her arms around us and we know everything will fall into place soon. With them by my side, I will win this battle.