1.

Keep commenting guys, keeps the ship afloat😁😁
                               ....Nijapa2003

Ten years later.

Nazanin, dressed in a royal blue gown  begins walking down the stairs as her eyes light up looking at the fully decorated lawn, holding the hem of her overflowing gown as she walks, she grins widely when she spots her best buddy, Dani. She raises her tiny henna adorned hand and waves at him receiving a toothy grin in return.

When he noticed it was slightly difficult to walk down with such a heavy gown, he jumps out of his father's lap running towards the end of the staircase to help her

When he noticed it was slightly difficult to walk down with such a heavy gown, he jumps out of his father's lap running towards the end of the staircase to help her. Nazanin, who was previously holding her mother's hand leaves it in an attempt to reach Dani fast and increases her pace. As she reached the last step, her foot gets stuck under the long hemline and she trips, unconsciously reaching out to Dani knowing he would save her and he doesn't disappoint.

Danish gasps in shock seeing her falling towards him, yet he doesn't move back rather tries to hold her from falling but the tiny boy couldn't take the momentum, as a result lands on his back with Nazanin in his arms. Everyone in the hall seems too dumbfounded to react at what happened. They begin running towards the kids as they see them falling on the floor.

Danish gets up quickly looking at Nazanin to see if she is crying.
"Niny, are you fine?", he asks her worried she might have hurt her foot.

Nazanin looks up at him with trembling lips and tears pooling in her eyes. "Aah, it's hurting Dani!", she pouts looking at her slightly red ankle. Then her eyes fall on the torn hemline, and the tears begin falling immediately. This was her favourite gown, she was so excited when she got it from the mall and now it's torn.

Niny knows she cannot wear the gown again and she cried harder at the thought. Her mother tries consoling her, "I will get you another gown just like this, stop crying now bacha" but to no avail.

Her incessant sobbing comes to a halt when she sees a huge bar of chocolate wrapped in a dark blue wrapper.
"Dairy Milk!", she screams getting up instantly from her position and extending her hand towards Dani blinking at him innocently. Danish forwards his hand and just when she is about to take it from him, he quickly takes it back.

"First, promise me you will not cry anymore. I don't want my dulhan crying", he speaks imitating the tone of his math teacher and everyone chuckles looking at them adorably.

Although Nazanin does not understand the meaning of dulhan, she simply nods at his demands because of her favorite chocolate. When he sees her bobbing her head up and down, he placed the chocolate in her hand which she takes happily. She squeals happily when the chocolate is in her hand, then looking up at a slightly taller Dani, she jumps on him pecking his cheek in gratitude.

Walid takes both of their hands in his and walks towards the decorated swing making them sit on either side.

The Nikaah ceremony begins and both the kids repeat after their father when the kazi asks for their consent. Then the nikaahnama is presented before them, Danish takes the pen writing his initials on it instead of signing it, just like his father had told him to do one day ago.

Then the booklet is passed to Nazanin who looks up at Uncle Walid confused, not understanding why they are giving her this. Mama had told her that after today's function, they would treat her to ice-cream then why are they handing over these papers instead?

"Naaz beta, yahan par apna naam likhdo, dekho idhar Dani ne bhi to likha hai na apna naam." Uncle Walid pats her head, getting emotional as she reminded him of his dead brother. The one whom he promised to take care of his unborn daughter and ensure her safety.

Nazanin peeks at Dani who is beside his uncle, "Dani, tune apna naam kyun likha idhar?"

Danish grins at her like a Cheshire cat, proud of himself that he knows the answer to her question." Arre buddhu! Kal hi to Annie ne bataya tha na, agar ham aaj in papers par apne naam ek saath likhenge to ham hamesha ek ssaath video games khel sakta hain. Like forever." He explains to her moving his hands in the air for added effect.

Her mouth forms an O, and she sheepishly nods her head. Then it strikes her, if she writes her name here she can always get piggyback rides from Dani, secretly eat all his share of cchocolates at night and even sneak out with him during classes. Even when she is a big girl. This is a great offer, she deduces. Then within the blink of an eye, she hastily writes away her name in her shabby handwriting. The lawn erupts in cheers and claps echo.

"Mubarak ho. Sharia ke hisaab se Nikaah mukammal hua." The moulvi announces and Walid gets up from between them, Dani immediately moves towards Niny both of them clamping their hands and squealing in delight.

After that, they are swamped by a lot of people, hugging them and patting their heads. Dani keeps his hold tight on Niny, knowing she gets anxious with a lot of people. His Niny is extremely delicate, like the petals of roses.

Roses! Now he can get her beautiful dark red roses and even insert them in her hair like his baba does to mama whenever he comes back from his posting.

Nazanin looks at a grinning Dani, then pulls his sleeve whispering, "Daniii, mujhe zoron ki bhook lag rahi hai. Mujhe abhi rasgulle khane hain, mere liye jaldi rasgulle lao." Her adorable demand is overheard by her mother who shakes her head at her daughter's antics....

She already has poor Dani wrapped around her baby fingers. Dani looks at the ocean of people still walking towards them, not knowing how he would get her rasgulla without leaving her hand.

He pats her hand that was in his, "Achcha, Niny mujhe 5 ka table padke suna"

"Five one zá five, five... Mmmm" Her loud voice is stopped when Dani places his hand on her mouth. He shakes his head with widened eyes, then slowly removing his hand from her mouth whispers, "Dil mein. Count it in your mind, dumbo. It should finish till I return with your rasgullas. Okie?"

She nods again, flicking his nose, "Dokie" With that he runs across the grass, to get her rasgullas as fast as he could.

Not even five seconds after he had left, Nazanin begins feeling anxious looking at so many people staring at her.

Dani ka bacha, mujhe akela chhod kar chala gaya. Dekhna abhi, main uski favourite cookie bhi khajaungi chocolate ke saath.

She rubs her sweaty palms against her dress, when two more aunties approach her. One of them is holding hands with the bad girl, Seema. She never liked Seema, she never let her play with her friends.

Seema laughs looking at Niny's outfit, "You are looking like a witch, mini Niny" she mocks her with the nickname only her Dani can use.

Tears gather in her eyes as she tries to  stop crying, mama says good girls don't cry. Before they could spill out of her eyes, a mop of dark brown hair come before her, standing between her and bad girl Seema.

"No she doesn't. Infact, she looks like a princess. Disney princess. Go away Seema", he shouts at her and his mother comes up to them looking at the commotion. She apologized to the parent and takes them towards the banquet.

Dani turns back to Nazanin who is now giggling at his words.

"Do I really look like a princess Dani?"

"Yes, here are your favorite rasgullas Princess Niny", he gives the bowl slightly bending before her like he had seen the anime character doing.

Princess Niny could only giggle more and more.