12.

Author's POV.

Two days later.

"Ammi meri blue tie dekhi hai aapne kahin?" An impatient Aly comes into the kitchen, his shirt is ironed, his watch not in his hand and he still hasn't worn his tie when he has to reach office in twenty minutes.

His fault, when Amyra was removing his clothes in the morning he told her with full attitude she doesn't have to do anything for him.

"I don't need favours from the likes of you. I am very much capable of doing it on my own." He had said but look now, he isn't even ready yet.

Mamijaan looks up confusingly at him, knowing well he would never ask his tie to her, he was indirectly asking Amyra to give it to him but why would she? He can ask his Shyra to give him one.

"Beta, hogi wahin tumhari cupboard mein. Ammu tum-...."

"Nahin Mamijaan. Maine nai dekhi koi tie." Amyra speaks without even looking up at him. She had much important work to do. She hasn't spoken more than a few words to him in the last two days.

She can feel his sharp glare directed her way though. Mamijaan looks amused at the scene unfolding. Just then his phone rings and he smiles wide at the name which is displayed

Rayyan.

"Hi yaar khotiye. Bade din hogai tujhse baat kare." He hears a thick manly voice from the other side.

"Hi Shyra ji. Aaj badi jaldi yaad kiya aapne. Sab theek to hai  na?" Aman speaks in an over sweet tone, making sure he is loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. Amyra clutches the spatula tightly in her hand, her teeth gritting in annoyance.

"Nasha kiya hai kya sawere sawere? Koun Shyra?" Rayyan seems flabbergasted at the reply he received from his yaar.

"Ji, aaj thodi der hogi mujhe. Wo kya hai ki, mujhe meri tie nahin mil rahi hai." He sneaks a quick glance at Jass, and is satisfied to see her chopping the onion at a faster pace, meaning she is hearing him loud and clear.

Mamijaan shakes her head at her son's antics and goes towards her own room to give them some privacy.

Rayyan on the other side of the phone call has his brows furrowed, thinking hard on what is wrong with his friend and then it strikes him. He is trying to make someone jealous. Aah. Must be Amyra Bhabi.

His tone immediately changes, trying to sound girlish he screams in a high pitch.

"Arre aise kaise Aman ji, aap jald se jald office aaiye. Mera dil nai lagta aapke bina." Aman had to try his hardest to stop from cringing at his friend's voice. He sighs thinking, The things I do for you Jass.

Aman perks up as if he received a lottery, continuing his act,
"Oh, aap ke paas spare tie hai? Hamesha rakhti hain? Wow, aap to great hain Shyra ji. Beauty with brains, I must say." His teasing tone resembles that of a guy in love and his laughter that bellows a second later adds more to the fact that he is enjoying her talk on the phone.

Amyra's breathing stops when she heard that beauty with brains quote and she had to stop herself from chopping his head instead of the onions.

Is Shyra ki bacchi ko jab tak zinda nai gaad doon, chain ki saans nai lungi main. Samajhti kya hai khudko? Mere shohar ko subah subah aise call kar rahi hai jaise uske hon. Huh! In her dreams. Mere Aly ko cheen ne ki koshish bhi ki na to dekhiyo, jo spare tie rakhti hai na, usi ko uske gale ka phanda bana dungi. Kamini. Harami saali.

"Aaah." Amyra in her rage didn't notice when the piece of onion was completely chopped and when the knife reached her own fingers. She realised only after the knife pierced her skin.