8.

Izaan's  POV

"Fucking hell! I will kill that asshole with my own bloody hands. Dare he touch what's mine, I will give him a personal detour to hell. That fucker" I can't help but curse that bastard who took my wife with him like she was his.

"Izaan, baby what's wrong? Why did you jerk my hand away when we were just getting started?", I groan hearing Melanie's voice. She was a past fling that saw me and stuck to me like a gum while I was entering the cafe. I accepted her offer just in case Noorie saw me here. So she wouldn't suspect I followed her here.

"Listen here, Melanie. I am saying this as politely as I could. You and I were over the very night we fucked. I have no business with you anymore. Leave me alone now." I run towards my car and try following the track she went with.

I drive for a while and then I realise I lost track of her. Darn it. Where could she have gone with him? I bang my hand on the dashboard. What if he does something to her? What if he kidnaps her? Oh God, my Noorie is too naive. Please be with her.

What, God? This is the first time in years I have used the word. There was no need before. Noorie, how do you bring out emotions within me I did not even know I could feel?

Bad idea. It was such a dick move to have purposely shouted for that waiter to grab Noor's attention. But what else could I do? Sit there and watch that fucker get closer to my wife. She wasn't even resisting his moves. It almost looked like he was going to kiss her. Over. My. Fucking. Dead. Body.

So I did what I always do, hurt her so much. I can't even do one thing properly when it comes to her. I only planned on watching if she is hanging out with the right group or not when I overheard her conversation with some Riz guy. I think he was the one she went away in her car with. How can she just go like that with a Na-mehram?

What is even wrong Izaan? What if she has a boyfriend? It's not like you haven't dated before.

Impossible. She is one the purest women out there. Her ethics and morals are so high it's impossible to match her level. That's why I want to keep her away from my sinner self. I could never be the right match for her.

Oh so you are thinking about being her match? Didn't you always claim she was your younger cousin?

Well, yes. That too. I still think she is my younger cousin.

Really!! You don't sound convincing to even me. And I am a part of  you.

Ugh, okay. I don't think of her as a cousin sister anymore.  Not when she looks ethereal when she wears a saree especially that red one. It can give me sleepless nights and a hard on for days. Not when my eyes don't rest until she is in my line of sight, not when she fulfils every duty as my wife ardently. And definitely not when she calls me Zaan.

I swear it's the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. In the past few months, she did everything as my wife, fulfilled every responsibility. But did not give what I now realise I yearned the most - her attention. I realised how much I crave for her attention after she stopped giving me that. I desperately need her eyes on me no matter what, her world revolving around me and  me alone.

I miss so much of the old Noorie. The one who smiled at me, the one who shied away while talking about relationships, the one who cried for me even when I got a scratch. That Noorie who knew how to claim her right as my wife.

What a mess have I made out of her. My  sins can't even be described in words. But I tried these last few days. I tried getting back her old self by initiating conversations about silly things. Stupidly might I add because it didn't help. I don't know where we stand in this relationship but I am not stupid to not know I can't function without her, without her eyes on me and definitely not without that heartstopping smile of hers.