15.

Amyra Sadaf.

"Imtiyaz, maine kaha tha mujhe unke saare assets ki list chahiye. Last time, mujhe yaad hai unka ek 3BHK flat hai Pandala mein. Mujhe pata karke batao uska net worth kya hai phir main dekhungi use kitna kam karsakte hain." He nods dialing some number on his phone. We are currently in Mamu's study working on the case.

Effing Billionaires. They have crores of black money and expect us minimise their tax payments. This shit is annoying. We have been working for four hours now. Faizu is with Mamijaan. I get up, walking out of the room. Need to see my son.

I enter Mamijaan's room where Faizu is playing with his toys. He squeals when he sees me, I pick him twirling him around.

"Mera baby", I kiss his cheeks fervently. He as usually begins playing with my nose.

"Beta, mera kaam hai kitchen mein, tum sambhal lo thodi der."

"Bilkul Mamijaan, aap befikar hoke jaiye." I saunter out-of the room with Faizu, tracing my steps back to the study.

"Oh, apne bete ko lene gai thi. Tabhi main sochun, The workaholic Amyra Sadaf getting up in the middle of work to take a stroll!! Not possible in a billion years unless it's Faiz Haider in the context. No? " And please welcome the most dramatic version of Imtiyaz Siddiqee.

I shake my head in exasperation, how on earth did I land with some of the most dramatic people in the world is beyond me.
"Shut it Imtiyaz." I state sitting on my chair. Faizu keeps staring at Imtiyaz like he is a puzzle, that's a similar reaction that Aly had given the first time he met Imtiyaz. What's wrong with these guys?

I think even Imtiyaz felt the scrutinising gaze hence he came up from his seat to mine making funny faces at Faizu but my baby didn't even bat an eye at his efforts. Like where did my baby develop this level of attitude from.

"Faizu, beta dekho koun hain. Imtiyaz Uncle! Jaoge unke paas? Mera sweet beta, jao jao." I try to coax him into the open arms of Imtiyaz who is bending before me as I am seated on the chair.

Faizu stares at my pleading smile then looks towards Imtiyaz again and slowly extends his one arm, I can sense his hesitation. Imtiyaz smiles bending closer to grab Faizu but at the last moment my baby coils back into my arms, sticking to my chest.

This took all of us by surprise as Imtiyaz seemed to lose his balance and was falling on top of me but by God's grace, his reflexes worked quickly and before his body could touch mine, he held the arms of my chair. I exhaled in relief, Imtiyaz seems to be scholar by the situation too. But my relief is short lived as I hear my baby screech at something behind me.

"Baaaa....baaaa... " He shouts loudly and I curse my fate at the timing. This Imtiyaz is still bent over me with his hands around my chair, I think he is still in shock. Fuck, this looks bad. I push him away standing up fast, I turn only to find a raging Aman at the door.

His jaw is clenched and his knuckles have turned white but his face is completely blank. He takes steps forward and I don't know if I am imagining it or he is actually looking at Imtiyaz with a murderous expression. He walks closer to me all the while glaring down at Imtiyaz like he would kill him any moment now. Once he is a few steps away from us, he grabs Faizu from my arms who happily begins chirping in his father's embrace.

It is now that I am realizing Aly didn't once look at me ever since he entered the study. He was either giving death glares to Imtiyaz or staring at the ground.

"If you don't mind, I would like to take my son with me Mr.Siddiqee. It's actually his feeding time now." Aman speaks lowly and before Imtiyaz nods he turns around walking out of the room.

He didn't once look at me. He didn't even ask me what was happening here. Does he not care at all if I am in vicinity of another man? Is he so angry with me that he wouldn't spare me a glance. Do I not affect him the way he does to me? Does he even consider me his wife or am I still his long lost best friend?

"Right. That was pretty awkward. Anyway, let's get back towards work Amyra, yeah?" I hear his irritating voice again. Can he just shut the fuck up?

"Actually, Imtiyaz my time for the day is done. I told you I could give just four hours. We will continue tomorrow and please make sure you get the information I asked for." I speak monotonously still staring at the space my jerk of a husband disappeared from.

Before he could say something, I rush out of the suffocating room. Aly usually comes in the evening and it's just noon yet. And where would he take my baby to feed if not to me, I had stopped bottle feeding him ever since he was drinking my milk.

Once I open the door to our room, I let a disappointed groan on not finding both my guys here. Where could they have gone? I slump against the cupboard rewinding all that went down in the study.

Everything was wrongly timed. Imtiyaz wasn't supposed to fall on me. Aly wasn't supposed to be here at this time of day. Most importantly, Aly wasn't supposed to walk out as if he doesn't care.

Does he really not care if I get close to another man when it burns every nerve in my body to even think of him looking at another woman? Do you not feel the connect between us Aly? Am I only the one whose body sets on fire with a single touch of you?

I don't give a shit about what happened down there. But the fact that he didn't even ask one single bit of explanation to me about our awkward position and dismissed it is so heart breaking I can't seem to hold my sanity intact.

I try rubbing my eyes to stop the flowing tears but to no avail. The tears flow down incessantly. Why is it paining so much? Why it feels like the world is clogging up on me? Why Aly?
Why do I not matter to you?

Will you ever consider me anything beyond your friend or your son's mother?