4.

The next morning I get up even before the alarm goes off as this is an unfamiliar place. Yesterday, Zaan brought me to his penthouse after the reception and gave me a room of my own. I haven't seen him since.

I finish my morning routine and go into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Zaan. I see Riyana, the house-cook already has made breakfast, I sigh out of disappointment.

"Riyana, not to sound rude but please inform me the next time you are cooking okay? Sometimes, I like to cook for my husband."

"Sure ma'am. I apologise for the inconvenience today, I completely forgot I had to ask you."

" No problem, take care next time."

I go towards Zaan's room. Surprisingly, it isn't locked. So I just walk in to not disturb him in case he is sleeping. But I see his bedsheets are ruffled and hear the shower running. So he gets up early while he isn't partying.

I choose his outfit for the day from his closet. It's a black shirt with tie and a blazer over it. I also keep black pants on the bed. I remove his favorite Titan watch from the collection and keep it beside the kerchief on the bed.

I walk down and make apple juice for him, I know he likes apples. By the time breakfast is set on the table, he comes down wearing a red t-shirt and a black coat over it along with jeans. I don't know how to react so I just let it slide.

H sits down on the table, I begin serving his breakfast when his hand stops me

H sits down on the table, I begin serving his breakfast when his hand stops me. He slightly jerks my hand away, " You don't have to do it for me. I don't like favors."

" I am doing no favour. It is my responsibility as your wife. So let me do it."

"Stop it! Stop riling me up for no reason. Look, I was forced to marry you. Mama threatened me saying I would see her dead if I don't accept to marry you. She is too dear to me, so whatever brainwashing you did on her. It was successful. Now that you have my name, just let me be. You can live here, but just like a stranger. You have no role in my life as far as I am concerned. Also, don't expect any husbandly affection from me." He shouts and walks out of the house with his wallet and car keys. He didn't even have his breakfast.

Come on, Noorie. You should have waited for a while to give your 'I am your wife' speech. Now he went out with an empty stomach. I won't be able to eat anything as well so I just decide to go to college even though I planned on taking leave for a few days but I don't think it's needed now.

I take one of his cars as there is no driver here and ride myself to the college. Today, we have a fresher's party for the incoming batch. And my batch is doing the show. I was asked to participate but I just chose to volunteer with the decorations.

I go into the auditorium. Most of the decorations are done. I spot the event manager, Rizwaan who is my classmate and go to him, " Hey, most of it is done but tell me how can I help for the event?"