1.

"Do you Amyra Sadaf take Aman Ali Haider to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the qazi asks me from beside our family lawyer.
"Yes, I do. "

"I do"

"I do" I say in a heartbeat holding my baby in my hands. We decided to do a court marriage considering the circumstances and also the fact that I am not very much into glitter. I am in a red sharara, with a net veil on my head courtesy of my mother.

My husband of a few seconds who just agreed to the Nikaah is in a black tuxedo, a Rolex watch in hand and a bored look marring his features.

The congratulations are passed among the people once the Nikaah is successful and sweets distributed. The only man unaffected is Aman. He comes forward, taking Faiz from me and both of us pout, my baby is rubbing off on me. He seems amused at our change of expression but doesn't comment.

Faizu opens his hands for his daddy to take him. And I can see the glint of happiness cross Aman's eyes. I smile looking at the father son duo. They can put to shame all the men in the world combined together.

I keep my eyes on Faizu as he plays enthusiastically with his father's long beard which he did not bother to shave for his own wedding. Nevermind, he looks hot this way too. We are then escorted to his house which is actually a one storey cosy white building.

I receive a warm welcome by his side of the family, his cousins hogging the door with plates filled with rose petals in hand. The next hour is spent in receiving gifts from family and friends. I grudgingly had to hand over  my son to his father because of his stupid cousins who decided it was time for some petty rituals. Same ole thing, finding a ring and all.

Finally, after a torturous one hour they escorted me towards Aman's room. Which was decorated with roses and candles, the smell of lavender wafting through the air. The atmosphere was extremely romantic but it doesn't matter considering the fact that it's purpose will not be met. Just then the door is pushed open to reveal Aman standing there with a poker face and Faizu jumping in his arms. My baby is super active today.

I forget all my anxiety the moment I glance at Faizu, I rush towards Aman keeping my eyes solely on my boy, his eyes lighten up the moment he recognizes my face.

He squeals the moment I place my hands on his waist trying to detach him from Aman but his father wouldn't budge. I scrunch my brows in confusion, looking up at him.

"Leave my son alone." He growl possessively as if I am witch from hell trying to separate him from his son.

I step back, trying to overcome the shock of what just went down.
"What do you mean your son? He is my son too. Haven't we already established the fact that this alliance was so I could take care of Faizu?" I screech hoping desperately to regain my composure.

He doesn't respond discarding me like another particle of air that wouldn't affect his life. When did he turn this arrogant?

"Aly kya hogaya hai tujhe? Aise kyun behave kar raha hai jaise mujhe jaanta hi nahin? Main teri Jass hun, sab bhool gaya?" I whimper painfully. Why am i getting so emotional? Stupid girl hormones.

That seems to get to him and the next thing I know he turns sharply glaring daggers at me. I can see Faizu focussing on the changing emotions on his father's face.

"Bhoolne ki to baat bhi mat kar. Do saal pehle tu gai thi sab chhod chaad kar. Aur mujhse shaadi karke kya prove karna chahti hai tu, haan? Ki dekho maine bechare widower Aman pe ehsaan kiya uske bete ki zimmedari uthakar." I gasp at the bitter tone and the fury in his eyes, his voice is still in check though because of Faiz.

I breathe deeply gathering my thoughts and before I could speak he has already settled Faizu in his cot and is halfway to his closet. A sigh escaped my lips as I recall his harsh words. Who is he and what has he done to my Aly? My best friend who I spent my entire life with except the last two years. The guy who cared so deeply for me that he would take a bunch of rowdies just because they looked at me inappropriately.

No time for nostalgia Amyra. You have to work on getting your friend back but the first priority is my munchkin. I smile and forget all my problems as I gaze at this spitfire. He is so energetic he is playing with the decorating rings on his cradle. I quickly pick him up, my heart warming up as I see him cuddle into my frame quickly.

"Mera baby to bohot energetic hai aaj, haina?" He giggles sweetly when I tickle him. Like father like son, both are very ticklish. On second thoughts, Faiz Haider is a complete carbon copy of his sadu father, from his cute button nose to his eye colour, even the hair. Haaye, my boy is going to be a charmer. How many times am I actually going to say that?

I continue to play with Faizu until Aly comes out, he carefully takes Faizu from me putting him in the bed. I watch memorising every detail of how he changes his diaper, then his clothes with extreme care and gentleness. Also, Faiz doesn't create any problems coordinating with his father like a hinge with the door, as if he knows his father is already dealing with too much. How sweet.

I took classes from Mama about how to change diapers, how to bathe and every other thing that concerns a kid. And I am nothing surprised to see how expertly Aman is doing it, six months is a long time to learn. He puts the nipple of the bottle in his mouth and Faizu begins chugging it without throwing a tantrum. But he doesn't finish the bottle, probably because he is sleepy.

Aman then places him on his shoulder, a few seconds later Faizu burps then Aman starts patting his back for him to sleep.

Hopefully I can take up the task tomorrow, with that in mind I head to the closet to change. When I come back, I find both the men asleep in their respective places. For a while I contemplated sleeping on the bed, then moved towards the couch.

Making myself comfortable, I lay down on the couch hoping for a better day tomorrow and a clearer mind.