Prologue.

Amyra's POV.

"Mela baby, mela shona! Kaisa hai?" He continues to sweep his tiny little fingers across my face. Awww. My baby. How did I live without him for the last 25 years?

"Faizu, idhar dekho. Mamma ne kya lagaya hai haath par?" I wave my hand before him and it instantly catches his attention. He makes grabby hands at mine and my heart melts. I slowly take my hand towards his, just to increase his curiosity more. His baby blue eyes are scrutinising my every move with utmost attention.

The moment my fingers are within his reach, he grabs them staring at the red colour like it's his meal. He tries to  put my finger in his mouth. So I change directions. His fascinated eyes look up at me when I cup his chubby cheeks with the same hand. Now my nose has his undivided attention.

Ever since I met him for the first time last month, he constantly plays with my nose like its one his toys. Sooo adorable. I fell in love with him the moment my eyes found his. He was crying incessantly in Mamijaan's arms that day. I had just returned from Delhi after completing my last contract. It was a six month consultancy contract with an MNC. I work for a famous consultancy firm which has its branches spread all over the country. Once you have established a name for yourself, a stable career is the first bonus.

"Ammu, kahan khoi ho? And give back Faiz to me. I could barely manage to sneak him off of his dragon father for a few hours. Now he will be back any moment and will throw a fit if he doesn't see his jigar ka tukda in his room." Mamijaan speaks hurriedly trying to to take my jaan in her arms. But he sticks his nose into my neck, wrapping his hands strongly around me. Just two more days baby, I will tie you to my hip after that.

I pry his hands away slowly kissing all his face. I kiss his forehead repeatedly and he makes gurgling sounds, which means he likes it. "Faizu, bacha Mamma will come to you very soon. For now, go with Dadima. Okay? My cutie pie." I smother his face again and he smiles. I gesture Mami to take him. The moment he realises I am not holding him anymore, a cute pout forms on his pink lips and his waterline fills. Before I see his tears fall I turn my back on him controlling my own tears.

How did I get attached this deeply to a baby that I just met a month ago? A baby that lost his mother six months ago in a fatal car accident. Perhaps, that's why. For a while there I thought it might be because I feel sad for his loss and got attached to him. But when I saw him almost falling off the bed three weeks ago when I had visited Mamijaan's home did I actually discover my deep love for this kid. I felt like my heart stopped for a while there in fear. I didn't realise when I had rushed into the bedroom to cradle him in my warmth as my tears fell at the possibility of what would happen had I not been here to catch him.

And I fought. I fought hard verbally with his father, who apparently had not given any reaction to anyone ever since he lost his wife. And when I shouted at him for being irresponsible , he glared back at me. I was so agitated and furious I even told him to give up Faiz to me if he can't handle a kid. That's when he lost it and fought back, claiming Faiz is the only thing keeping him sane and he would never give him up.

I was partly happy that my baby was in safe hands and also partly sad that my absurd idea of adopting him wouldn't be possible. I had been thinking about Faiz all the time, so I thought maybe there was a chance I could adopt him but guess not. His father is a stubborn jerk. But Allah had a different plan to fulfil my wish, the next day Mamu and Mami both came to our place to ask for my hand in marriage with her son.

I overheard Mamijaan telling Mom that I was the only one Faiz got attached to apart from his family and an even bigger reason was that I could bring out a reaction from her otherwise living-dead son as she put it. When they asked me about marrying Aman, I shrugged my shoulders saying I don't mind as long as I get to stay with my cutie. And I really meant it.

So here I am in a green dress which apparently is the colour a bride should wear on her mehendi, with red henna decorating my hands. After the function was successfully over and I had my fill of women gossiping about why was the groom not in the function and a lot of weird theories coming up which stated he was being forced to marry me which he was, I was relieved to be told it finally ended. Typical Indian society I tell you, no matter if their own son is having three affairs at the same time, they will comment about how the Haiders are getting their son remarried just six months after his wife's death.

My bubble is burst when Pari, my friend barged in like she owns my bedroom munching on a packet of lays. "Tum duniya ki pehli dulhan hogi jo dulhe ke nahin uske bete pe fida ho. Aur abhi bhi tum uske hi baare mein soch rahi ho, nai?"

I nod in a daze, thinking of the cute little nose of my baby. Haaaye! I can't believe he will be my baby. I am so lucky.

She giggles about some joke that only she knows. There is a big stone that keeps popping in the middle though, my annoying cousin who thinks the world has ended ever since his wife's demise. I mean, we understand he is in pain but that doesn't mean you hurt your loved ones just to overcome your own pain.

Only God knows how Mami managed to convince him for this marriage, it is clear as daylight he has not even a bit of interest here. I don't mind that but he hasn't even once allowed Faizu to be with me after our alliance was fixed. Mami always had to sneak him off the house whenever he left for office. Maybe he doesn't trust me with him. I just have to make sure he won't be a nuisance about me handling Faiz.

Allah, please give me strength to deal with that idiot. Because I know him, once he decides about something he will not budge from his position no matter what.

But I am also Amyra Sadaf, the same girl whose wish was once his command.