16.

Hooriya.

"Abbaji, please don't be angry with your daughter. You are my only family here. Pretty please" I plead with puppy dog eyes trying to convince him. He hasn't spoken to me properly in the past three days. Now I know where the Great Asad Khan gets his stubbornness from.

He lifts his eyes from the newspaper glancing at me and then grabs the cup of tea. Is that a truce call? I sit down beside him enquiring about his health.

"You should stop asking me that. You plan to leave the haveli soon anyway. Let's not get habituated." Abbaji says sulking. It would be hard to believe he is a Sarpanch right now.

If I could, I wouldn't ever leave you all Abbaji.

"Even if I am still not here, I will ask you just that everyday. Now please answer me honestly, I already beat too much around the bush. I am going to be straight forward. Do you see Saroj Chachi as your potential wife?"

His eyes widen and he coughs the tea out. He turns toward me as if I have grown two heads.

"What are you talking about beta? Why would I need to marry again?"

"Abbaji, loneliness is a fatal disease. You don't just need somebody to take care of you after I leave but a companion as well. Someone to share your happiness, your grief with. I see her fitting the role well. I know you guys have some history, but I hope there is a chance for new beginnings."

" Hooriya, whatever you ar-... "

"Dad, can I come in" We hear a knock on the door before he could continue.

Now what new drama us he going to create.

Abbaji gives him a stoic nod.

"Dad, I wanted you to meet my fiancé.
Sabrina" He moved aside to reveal a tall slender woman with perfect curves and a classy style in a snug long dress that I would rather wear to a party.

She looks tall but that's the work of her 7 inch heel. She looks curvy because the cloth is hugging her like second skin. Her winged eyeliner makes her look like a chudail. Overall,  she is no match to my Asad.

Whoa, jealousy is dripping  like honey from a honeycomb from you Hooriya.

She comes ahead bending slightly saying salam. Abbaji has just as much of a disgusted look as I. Still, he nods keeping his stoic look.

I turn towards my lovely husband to see his eyes already trained on me. Unconsciously, my gaze dips to his knuckles that his highness oh do graciously got bruised. I know about his escapades to the gym, his driver told me he broke three of the punching bags already. What exactly is he upto?

I smile politely, trying to make sure he doesn't see the fakeness of it. My lips quirk with an eyebrow raised which meant 'she has the looks' and he cocked his eyebrow.
'You think so'

I shrug, what has my opinion got to do with it. He was marrying her anyway. He is dressed in a tailored black suit with a red tie and man is it sexy. I don't hide the appreciation in my eyes, not like its wrong. He is still my husband.

This time both his eyebrows raise in mock surprise. I know he caught me checking him out. I turn around to see  her involved in a mundane conversation with Abbaji. . So I walk towards Asad, whispering in his ears, "So this is what your choice would look like. Not bad, eh. So the outgoing and westernised women are your type"

"If you put it that way, yes. I don't really go with the shy and conservative type you know, gets boring." I know he said that purposely but it still stung. The hurt seeps into my bones, penetrating my heart at a lightning pace. But I wouldn't be Asad Raheem Khan's wife if I let such petty comments get to me, even if they are from Asad Raheem Khan himself.