3.

The next few days are a whirlwind with everyone in the Durrani mansion running around to get things done within the time limit for what they call a perfectly organized and forever-momorable Durrani wedding.

I am being dragged from one place to the other like a doll, being tested and experimented on like a masterpiece is under construction. Goodness, they wouldn't even let the mehendi artist do what she has been probably trained for without interrupting her zillion times with their concerns about what she is putting on my hand.

Admit it, you like it just that way.

Ummm, maybe. But still I think they are fussing too much over the matter. And when will all of this finish, I haven't seen my man for the last week and a half. Apparently, the bride and the groom aren't supposed to see each other before the Nikaah and that man hasn't even tried contacting me after that coffee night.

"Noorie, you look gorgeous beta. It's so hard for me to accept this Nikaah inspite of knowing that you will remain within the family", tears begin falling from my emotional mother's eyes. That's all she has been doing the past week, crying and fussing over things.

"Mama, you need to take a break from all this crying. I am just going to shift in Izaan's penthouse which is just fifteen minutes away, yeah? Why are you behaving as if I am flying oversees?"

"Shut up, you will know what i am going through when you have a daughter of your own", typical mom thing to say.

"Now come on, your groom can't wait anymore. He is been waiting impatiently for you in the lawn. Let's get you married, shall we?"

Is he actually waiting for me? Hope so. I am coming Izaan.

With that we begin walking down the aisle with a few of my cousins surrounding me and Mama holding my hand. We enter the decorated lawn filled with lighting and scented candles.

Whoa, this is a dream come true. Everything is in the combination of purple and golden. Just the picture perfect wedding. The moment I step onto the lawn, I feel petals falling on me. Everyone is cheering. And I can see Izaan through the translucent piece of decorated cloth separating us.

The kazi sahab is sitting beside him. As I step onto the bride's chair, the verses are being said by him. I can see the mic being passed on to Izaan to answer the vow.

"Qubool hai"

"Qubool hai"

"Qubool hai"

It felt as though I have been transported to a different world where only the sweet yet firm voice of Izaan echoes. His qubool hai was the only confirmation needed for my heart to completely become his slave now. I was wearing it on my sleeve so far, now it's in his hands. I can only focus on the words that are still echoing in my head when I feel Mama's hand on shoulder.

I turn to see kazi sahab is now sitting on my end of the stage.

"Noor Durrani bin Sajid Durrani, kya aapko Izaan Durrani bin Saeed Durrani se ye Nikaah qubool hai?"

It's finally time to publicly acknowledge the irrevocable bond Noorie. Go for it!

"Qubool hai"

"Qubool hai"

"Qubool hai"

With that our fates are now sealed. I am feeling so serene, as though my motive in life has finally been fulfilled. I can't explain in words how this blissful feeling that has enveloped me, how it blurs the world before me only showing to my eyes the man I have almost worshipped after Allah.

Shukran Allah, he is now mine.

The veil between us falls letting me see my husband. Wow, it feels amazing to call him that. He is my husband now.
I can't believe it's all come true. The dream that I thought would remain just a dream has come true. And I can't seem to contain my happiness.