11.

Amyra Sadaf.

"Beta have you given Aman his medicines? I know for sure he will not take them himself." Mamijaan tells me as I rock Faizu back and forth. He was a little cranky today.

"Give Faiz to me. He is halfway asleep anyway. Let him sleep with me today. Ever since you came home, he is joined at your hip. Hamare saath to rehta hi nai hai, haina Faizu?" She slowly takes him from my arms and begins rocking him herself.

I turn around sadly, I don't want to go that jerk now. After how he told me about his chudail Shyra, I didn't go back to the room whole day. He was sleeping the whole day, mamijaan went to our room to check up on him.

She told me he still had slight fever. I wanted to go but I restrained myself. But now there is no option. I take slow steps to the room hoping a miracle happens.

I open the door walking to the dressing table. That's where I keep the medicines. I removed one Calpol and walked towards Aly who got up due to the noise of the door.

"Kahan thi tum pura din? Main kab se wait kar raha tha." He grumbled and I roll my eyes. Drama queen.

I wave at the tablet indicating him to gulp it. He narrows his eyes at my mute state. But thankfully takes the tablet nonetheless.

He sits up on the bed gulping down the tablet with water. Once he places the empty glass, I turn around walking to the closet to remove my night shirt. These days I am wearing buttoned kurtis from the front, it makes things easier for me when I am feeding Faizu.

Mere baby ko to mamijaan legai. I miss him already. How will I sleep without him close to me. Kya musibat hai yaar.

A pair of arms sneak across my waist, I am startled but I don't show it. He pulls me into his warm embrace from behind. He is really burning. I struggle trying to get out of his hold, even in a weak state he is caging me with a vice grip on my waist.

"Kya hogaga? Nakhre kyun dikha rahi hai?", he whispers in my ear. I just want to get out of his grip right now.

So I struggle harder. "Aman, chhod."
Finally he let's go after a few more seconds. I try to duck out of his arms and go let but he pulls me back on his chest again.

"Aman ye sab kya pagalpan hai? Haath chhod mera." I struggle again but to no avail. If possible, his grip becomes more tight.

"Pagalpan? Tu pagal hogai hai. Mujhe Aman kyun bol rahi hai?" He pulls me more into him.

"Ab jo tera naam hai, wahi to kahungi na."

"Achcha? Ye sab kya naatak hai Amyra ji? Bekaar mein kyun lad rahi ho?" I stop all movements looking up at him, hurt most prominent among the myriad of emotions gaining through my eyes.

Even though I didn't like it when he gave so much respect to that Shyra, it is hurting so much more when he called me Amyra that to with ji.

"Naatak nahin hai aur na hi main lad rahi hun kisi se. Haq hi kya banta hai mera tumse ladne ka?"

I jerk myself away from him, running out of the room letting the tears flow down freely. Samajhta kya hai ye khudko? Jab man kiya gale lagalega aur jab man kiya Shyra ki tareef kardega. Aisi bhi kaunsa khoobsurat dikhti hogi. Bhaad mein jaaye dono. Mujhe kya hai?

I climb the steps that lead to the terrace. Once I am up, the cool air hits my senses like a new beginning which I so badly need right now. I am startled with my ringtone. I grown when I see the caller ID.

"Hi Imtiyaz! Achanak kaise yaad kiya mujhe?" I speak monotonously.

"Hello ji. Aap kya do mahine pehle wapas chali gayi wahin ki hogai hain. Suna hai shadi karli aapne. Matlab bande ko bulaya tak nai, haan? Dil tod ditta mera." When will he grow up and act like the seior consultant he is.

"Aji kaise bulate Consultant sahab ko, aap to chaubees ghante busy rehte hain clients mein. Socha aapka time barbaad hojayega." I lie, I didn't think of him while making my guest list.

"Arre aap ke liye to jaan bhi haazir hai jaaneman. Time to bahut choti si cheez hai. Aur jo bhi banda aapko humse chura legaya haina, bada lucky hai ji. Warna ham to palkhon pe baitha ke rakhte ap nu" His punjabi accent coming to life, obviously he is a punjabi.

I shake my head at his flirting, he has always been like that. Happy go lucky.

"Kaam ki baat karen Imtiyaz Siddiqee ji. Warna hamein neend aarahi hai."

"Right. So your oldest client Mr. Sethi wants to have another contract with our company. The problem is, he wouldn't let another C.A to be appointed apart from you. We told him you are on a long leave. But he is insisting it be you. Since he is one of our regular clients, boss doesn't want us to lose him. So I was asked to take you into confidence and request you if you could somehow cut short the leave. If you want, you can work from home. Boss asked me to take all of Mr. Sethi's files and go to your place.

I will look after the rest but the draft should be yours. His finance team has made a report of the profits and losses  for this year and other sources of income. He needs you to bring his Tax Payment to the minimum. If you agree to take up this case, boss told he will pay you  double."

I sigh, I can't really resume work now. My baby needs me full time. But this client is also important. Shit. Why do women always have to stand at the crossroads.

"Imtiyaz, look I need to be with my baby who is barely 8 months old. But since this is Mr.Sethi, I will take up his  file, but just his after that I am resuming my leave. And also, I can only work for 4 hours a day from here. If that's okay, you can come with the file and remaining details. Make sure he sends in a report of his expenses as well. Time to sow some magic now", I say excited to work.

He chuckles, knowing my craze for numbers and finances. I love the thrill that comes with it.

"Roger that boss, be there tomorrow. Good night"

"Night." As I walk back to my room, Mamijaan is standing there with a crying Faizu. I quickly take him in his arms.

"Ammu, shayad isse bhook lagi hai, bottle ka to isne piya nai maine badi koshish ki." She speaks grimly. He can be a lot of efforts when he is cranky.

"Koi baat nai mamijaan. Main isse waise bhi sone se pehle doodh pilati hun. Aap rest kijiye, isse main dekhlungi." She nods leaving and I open the door.

"Kya hogaya mere bete ko. Bhook lagi hai" I ask him in a baby voice and he coils more into my chest. Aman is sleeping with a hand below his head and the other holding his phone though his attention is now on us.

I quickly put the mosquito repellent on the switch board and put night lights on, settling on the bed. Faizu is pulling the front of my shirt, I shake my head at my impatient baby opening the first three buttons. Faizu himself pulls open the flap of my nursing bra and puts his mouth on the bud immediately which makes Aly chuckle at his impatience.

I sigh in content running my fingers on his forehead combing his sightly grown hair on the side, my baby needs a haircut soon. Aman comes closer kissing his son's feet and then stomach. My baby swats away his father's hands from his stomach, he doesn't like being disturbed when he is feeding. But Aly wouldn't stop, he continues to run his hands on him just to spite him more and Faizu makes a crying sound.

I glare at Aman swatting his hands away from my baby and all he does is roll his eyes at the two of us. He goes back to his sleeping position not before kissing Faizu again.