3.

One week later,

Mahira Khan.

Tragedy. One word description for scathing pain, irreversible damage, above all a permanent residue in one's life. That's exactly what struck me, tragedy! Amir Husnain, the man I gave my most prized possession to. My heart. And what did he do with it. Squeezed it until his hands were painted red with the blood and it thrashed, my heart thrashed in his hands bellowing with unsaid pleas to let go. But he is a monster of the highest kind, he thought it was okay to play with my honour, my self respect and flee like the coward he is.

But you underestimated the force that Mahira Altaf Khan is you scoundrel! I zoom into the place he is standing with a cup of tea holding out to his mother, taking note of the dark circles under his eyes that look like he has a black eye. I study his slumped posture and troubled eyes, how his hand has a burn mark which looks fresh.

I rotate the camera to other angles in the room to see if there is someone else but find none. So he is alone and in pain. Good start.

I look at his frail mother, laid on the bed. Her flesh has sunk in, her skin sagged way more than the last time I had seen her. But I can't see her face clearly, I should have added another camera in her room. Well, when you are an ethical hacker yourself, spying becomes ten times easier.

My phone rings with Umer's name on it, "Hey Umer! I am seeing him, looks like this is the right time to strike" I get up and walk into my closet, speaking in hushed whispers so as to make sure  my parents or Mohsin don't hear me.
Well, Mohsin is here too. I saw him walking into dad's study with some files.

"Mahira! I have some shocking information, he is engaged. To a white woman in Florida. Her father owns the biggest chain of hotels and apparently she is the spoilt daddy's princess. And they managed to keep it under wraps for three months now, which is like an achievement." My world spins at the new information. He already has a new woman in his life? And here i am, still struck in the past, thinking of good ole days.

You will pay for this Amir. You have my word.

"Umer, I have to talk to dad about something. I will call you later." I rush outside of my closet only to gasp in surprise at the new entry in the room.
Just who I wanted to see.

I try to keep it neutral, but judging by the redness seeping into his eyes, I feel this is about to blow up in my face. His hawk like eyes are fiercely trained on my laptop screen where Amir is being displayed. I can physically feel that intensity of his glare, I am almost afraid my laptop will break up due to the death glare.

"Mohsin! Hey. Work done then?" I begin casually. His fierce gaze now shifts on me and he begins taking slow strides in my direction. My skin tingles wherever his eyes land, is it only me or everyone can feel his intimidating aura? For some reason, my body decides to take back steps and no there is no wall behind me. Which is why I stop after taking a few steps, his glare only intensifies as he walks closer. He stops at a fairly two step distance from me and I internally sigh in relief.

"What an ardent abider of Islam you are!"

"Mohsin, you can't stop me.... Wait! What?" Did he just say something about islam instead of Amir?

One thing is sure, he was being sarcastic when he said I am an abider. But how did that come up now?

"Come again", I say with mild surprise.

His stare now sweeps down taking me in and I again forgot what I was thinking about. His insanely hot stubble is only what I can focus on right now. How would it feel like to rake my fingers through it? Oh shut up Hira. He wouldn't let you get into two meter radius of him unless it is to intimidate you.

" You must be an amazing believer of Islam considering how you are staring at a Na-mehram all day long. Is that why you chose ethical hacking as your profession? To invade privacy publically?" His voice raises an octave at the end, his hand forms a fist as he breathes fire on my face, at least that's what it looks like.

I stare into his eyes longer than necessary, for some reason today his hazel eyes showcase specks of green at the corners. Or maybe it's just the sunlight. They look absolutely gorgeous, I can detect the usual anger in them, inspite of that they seem to attract me more, leaving me spellbound.

I step forward, my fingers automatically going to his stubble as my hands cup his hard jaw, he is a panty dropping hunk of hotness. My fingers swipe the stubble, and my heart hammers against my ribcage like it's about to rip out of it. The pad of my thumb traces his entire cheekbone and finally I am at my destination. The dip below his mesmerising eyes. Before I can touch his eyes, my hands and ripped away from his face and my reverie broken.

That's when I actually look at his reaction, his face is turned away and his fists are clenching harder. Fuck!
Hira!!

Kya kar diya tune?

That was cheap you old hag, he is way younger for an oldie like you. How could you even think of him like that.
How on earth could I lose control like this? Shit! I instantly move away.

I am still in the aftermath of touching him when his thick voice booms again, "What do you think you were doing just now?" It is husky, extremely husky.

I shake my head vigorously, not turning back to him. I am too ashamed to. He and me just cannot be a pair, infact he hates me. Sweet, caring and stable guys are my type. Mohsin Baig is a storm, a whirlwind that I know can scatter me into pieces. I know I can't bear that this time around. Never.

"That was a mistake. I thought you were Amir." Even as I am in the process of saying these words, I know I am the biggest bitch out there. It is a lie, whenever I am around him there is no chance of thinking about anything else, least of all that bastard. But he doesn't need to know that.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I can feel the restraint in his voice that he is trying hard not to break. He roughly pulls my hands so I turn around now facing him, I keep my gaze lowered. I honestly don't have it in me to see the hatred in his eyes. In the last week that he kept coming to home, he was as usual his arrogant and douche self but he never got this angry.

I slowly look up in his blazing red eyes, there is so much anger in them and a tint of something I can't identify.

"Is everything good here?" I sigh in relief on mom's voice. I have never been this happy to see her.

" Yes Mama. It's all good. We were just talking." I say hesitantly hoping he backs me up. I then look at Mohsin to see he has composed himself. He just nods at her walking out of my room not before giving me a deadly glare.

Mom raises her eyes in doubt and I just gesture her it's fine. After she leaves, I turn to the root of the problem, my bloody laptop. I exit the software that I created to hack into Husnain home. I quickly text Umer to remove the cameras installed in their house.

Mohsin was right, It is morally wrong to spy on him. Especially considering the fact that I am married and he is engaged.

But that was not the lesson of the day. Mohsin is dangerous territory, one I don't wish to enter. Not right now when I am emotionally disturbed. Infact not ever. This marriage was a need back then and now it's no more. And he doesn't even want to be associated with me, forcing him would be oppression.

That's it then. Henceforth, no Mohsin Baig. I thought pretending to have a partner would add fuel to fire but Mohsin is worth more than just being a fake husband.

Kaheka worth, he has been nothing but a certified jerk to me so far.