3.

Hola! For those that were confused about Danish and Nazanin's ages, in the previous chapters they were ten year olds

Hola! For those that were confused about Danish and Nazanin's ages, in the previous chapters they were ten year olds. From this chapter, they are eighteen. Let me know how is today's chapter. Do vote and comment, helps.
                                        ....Nijapa2003

Nazanin Abbas.

EIGHT YEARS LATER.

"Happy eighteen my babies! Both of you are now legally adults, I can't wait to get rid of your asses", Maasima cheers loudly hugging both of us to her chest. I grin at her language, she is a sweetheart. 
That's why I love her, she is not a bore like other mothers. She is so cool, like us youngsters.

"Mama! Language", Dani says in a warning tone.

Ae lo. Athhara saal ka buddha aagaya gyan jhaadne.

After we come out of her embrace, I grin at her smacking Dani's head,"Thank you so much Maasima! I love you, for being so cool. And ignore Dan, as he gets older, he tends to lose his cool touch."

Maasima chuckles, disheveling his neatly put hair. I focus on her smiling face for a little longer, knowing it is a rare occurrence. Ever since Uncle Walid passed away, she also became like Mama. At times, she would lock herself up in her room.

Mama told me Uncle Walid knew he wasn't returning back from the airstrike he was going to be a part of, eight years ago just days after he got me married to Dani. That was the reason he got us married so young, he wanted to fulfil the promise he made to my dying father.

I don't understand why Maasima never stopped him from going if she knew he was never coming back to her. How could she just let him take such a foolish step? If Uncle Walid was still here, atleast one of my mothers would be happy and my Dani would not lose his childishness so fast.

He grew up faster than most kids, after Uncle's death he stopped playing with toys, he even stopped going with me on school trips because that would leave our mothers alone and he never wanted them to feel like they don't have any man to rely upon.

His protectiveness for me only increased ever since that happened, he wouldn't let me stay over at my friend's place or even go out after evening hours. Sometimes, I think he took over my father's role. Ugh, that's so annoying. I wish he was my previous Dani.

My reverie is broken when Dani nudged my side, indicating me to hold the knife. I nod, placing my hand on his which is already holding the knife and we cut the cake together. I feed a piece to him first, followed by mom and Maasima. After the feeding session is done, I sneak some cream from the cake and smear it on Dani's face.

He looks like I took him offguard, his dilated blue eyes scanning my face and the next moment he begins chasing after me. I sqaeal, making a dash for whatever room is available. I can hear mama and Maasima erupt into laughter as we circle the sofa initially, dropping anything that is in the way.