7.

THREE MONTHS LATER

Noor's POV

"Go for it Noorie!! Basket! Basket! Basket!", I can hear the screams clearly, Rizwaan's voice most of all poeple as I try chasing away any opponents in my path. One more Basket Noorie and the trophy is ours. I dribble a few more seconds changing directions unpredictably and finally as I reach my spot, Ashfa signals with her eyes which means the path is clear and I aim for the Basket.

It feels as though the ball takes an eternity to reach it's place and when it finally does the hooting in the background confirms any lingering doubts that we have won.

I scream in joy and the team hugs me from behind. We did it. The house trophy is final ours as basketball was the tie breaker between us Mighty Maestros and the Power Prodigies.

"Noorie, you got the winning sports trophy we have been working our ass off for. Proud of you!"
"Come on Riz, it was a team effort." I smile back
"It was a team effort alright but Riz can't help it, he has eyes only for you" Ramsha whispers in my ears and I just shake my head.

"Come on, it's nothing like that. He is just a good friend."

"For you babe, I bet Riz thinks otherwise. He was staring only at you throughout the match." Ashfa gives her two cents.
I just shake my head at them. As far as I know, he just became a good friend over time. Infact, he knows I am married.

Anyway, I packup and get back home. It's late today since we didn't foresee a tie breaker match. We thought we were getting a clear victory but they somehow managed to seize two more games in just one day and we decided to finish this off today.

The moment my car stops, I sigh. One more day of hide and seek. I don't know when this will stop. I wish so badly to be able to see him as he eats, to send him off to office with a goodbye kiss, to spend our evenings together over hot coffee sharing mundane details of our day. But reality is a bitch. The kind I wish didn't exist on earth. The kind I want so badly to eliminate.

I walk in to find a dark house. Why are all the lights off? I am sure Riyana kept them on while leaving. As I walk deeper into the living room trying to navigate my way towards the switch, I am pulled in by a pair of strong and muscly arms. I know instantly who he is.

He pushes me against the wall, pulling my chin up switching on the lights with his other hand. The first thing I see is his eyes that are red with fury. Nothing surprising there. He is always angry at me. So I just stare at him with a when-will-you-be-done look.

"Where were you for so long? Your college finishes at 2 and it's past 6 now

"Where were you for so long? Your college finishes at 2 and it's past 6 now. You should have told me before if you so badly wanted to hang out with your lover", he spits out.

I just pull his hand away from me gently, and push him away slightly to which he obliges, "I have sports week going at college and today was the wrap up. I know you asked because I am your little cousin and you are worried for my safety. You don't have to explain because that's what you keep telling me everytime you ask me something. Apart from that I am not obliged to answer you anything. I am tired. I will go to my room now", with that being said I go to my room.