Chapter Twenty-Two

I looked to my right, Ryan was smirking at me, and I gave him a quiet smile in exchange. Suddenly his smirk disappeared and instantly he was pushing me to a wall. I gave him a worried face and he began kissing my neck.

It didn't felt correct, I told him to stop but he wouldn't, so as last resource I pushed him, but only to find him kissing me again in the mouth this time.

I shut my eyes trying to let the moment pass, but I couldn't, then I looked behind Ryan, there was standing Nathan. Tears falling from his eyes, I felt a pain in the chest almost instantly.

"NO!" I scream and I'm no longer in Ryan's room, better yet, Ryan wasn't here.

I looked around me, I was in a bed, and it was night time. I stood up from the bed and turned the light on.

"Are you okay?." Nathan barges into the room, his hair was all messy and his eyes were wide in shock.

Without answering I jumped to him, hugging him hardly, he hugged me back instantly.

I felt like crying, no, I was crying in his shoulder. I don't want to have anything with Ryan again, even if he's back, he's now in my past.

Still, the fact that he still appears in my mind must mean something. God, I was so dumb, I never really noticed all the harm he was doing to me then, now I'm paying the consequences. I should've stopped him when I could, but I didn't.

"Are you okay?" I hear Nathan whispering softly in my ear. I nod and then pulled back a little bit.

"What about you." I ask, still remembering what he told me about his grandma.

He didn't answered back, so I gave him a soft kiss in the cheek. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, as he didn't actually gave much detail.

He nodded and we both say in the bed, to be honest I never realized that it was Nathan's room. He must've carried me here when I felt asleep in the couch. That or maybe aliens are real after all.

"So basically, I arrive one day from doing some errands for her,when I noticed she wasn't home." He begins "Then I receive a call to my cellphone, I didn't recognized the number, so I answered and they told me my grandma was in the emergency room."

He took a deep breath before continuing, I began rubbing circles around his back.

"When I got the hospital, they told me that she-" before finishing the sentences he broke into tears choking on his own words. "they told me she passed away..."

I sat closer to him, pulling him into a hug, he began sobbing softly, people say that guys do not cry. Bullshit, guys are human beings too and they have emotions, just because they're some shit heads that are careless about life doesn't means that every single guy is the same.

I felt wrong about asking this but I wanted to know. "Did they told you how?"

"Natural causes, basically because of age." He told me wiping his tears away, looking at me with a sad face.

"I don't have no one now." He says putting his face in his hands.

It's true, his parents are also dead, and his brother is one of those careless guys because he isn't here with his brother supporting him.

"I don't know If you want to talk about this, but you never actually told me much about your parents."

He took another deep breath, I actually thought that he wasn't going to talk about that, as I was asking too many questions, but then he exhaled and began talking again.

"Car accident, last year." he says shortly. "Some drunk ass was driving too fast and crashed against my parents car, the guy was driving in the opposite lane. The guy survived but my parents... didn't."

Something then clicks into my mind.

"Do you." I clear my throat "Do you know, in what time of the year?"

"About April."

Oh no, no no no. Why? Why? WHY! Okay Chloe, calm down, and breath, you're not sure that it's Ryan, so calm down.

Oh God, Ryan killed his parents, and it's partially my fault.

Flashback~

"You shouldn't drive Ryan." I say pulling his arm and he gives me a look, it wasn't the same guy as before, this was a drunken version of the guy I loved.

"Shut up Chloe, I can drive." He says before leaving.

Later that night my mother's barges into my room, years in her face, I asked what's wrong, she only says that it's Ryan, and that he's been in a car accident.

She told me that a couple was found dead in another car, and that Ryan had a major injury in the head.

This is my fault, this is all my fault. I should've stopped him, I should've been stronger.

I looked at my mother who brought me into an embrace. This is my fault.

It's my fault that Nathan doesn't has parents, if I could've stopped Ryan that night. God, this is my fault.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, then a finger brushing it away, I looked at Nathan who was smiling weakly at me.

"At least I have you." He says before kissing me lightly in the lips.

I don't want to feel guilty, but sadly I am, and the worst part is that now that I have Nathan, this could possibly ruin our friendship, if you could call it like that.

I wanted to tell him the truth, but I couldn't do it right now, not today nor tomorrow, things need to calm down a little bit more.

I looked back at him, who was already pulling apart, but I didn't let him because I kissed him this time.

~~~

NEW CHAPTAH!

cheers? anyone? no? okay then.

So yea, I wanted to upload because I just felt like doing it, I'm that cool ;)

So yeah, a little back story for the story, tbh I'm trying to make the story last a little longer, just because there're some things that need to be unrevealed, but some may be left for the plot of the next book (Sequel confirmed)

Votes and comments are appreciated, and I follow everyone back, love ya all.