Chapter Five

Saturday sweet Saturday.

Not.

I can believe this week is already off. But guess what? My life ain't perfect, because I have to work at a bakery on weekends.

I sigh at the clock that signed 8:23. I've just been on the bakery for 24 minutes and it seem like it has been an hour.

Ir should be illegal to have to work so early. I don't know how my parents do it every single day.

"It'll be $7.50." I say to one of the costumer. She was a lady of around her 60's and 70's.

She hands me the money and then she thanks me with a warm smile.

Then Mark comes in, he was sweating and he was still catching his breath. He usually runs on Saturday mornings as exercise routine.

"Morning." He says catching his breath.

"What happened to you? Did a tsunami passed over you?" I ask taking some breads from the oven.

He laughs sarcastically and I smile at him.

"So what do you want?" I ask him, still remembering I was on duty.

"Water." He says shortly. I rolled my eyes and took a bottle of water out of the fridge.

He started drinking like if he had drank water from the Death Sea.

Few seconds later the bottle was empty.

"Okay, now want something else?" I ask again.

"Give me two cupcakes. One for me and one for you." He says with a flirty tone.

...

Was my best friend actually flirting with me?

"Sure..." I say taking to cupcakes from the shelf.

"That'll be $3.00" I say giving him the cupcakes in a bag.

He gives me the money and I put it on the cash machine.

He mouths me 'come'. I roll my eyes and I follow him. We sat by and empty table near the main window.

"So what did you wanted to tell me yesterday?" I ask taking a bite from my chocolate cupcake.

"Remember that you asked me if I was okay." He reminds me and I nod taking another bite. "Well... What I-uh, wanted to say was- hum, thatIlovedyou." He says rushing his final statement.

"That you want?" I ask again.

"ThatIlovedyou." He says rushing his sentence again.

"What?" I ask one final time.

"That. I. Lo-"

"Chloe!" Melody enters the bakery screaming. Everyone, but like literally everyone, stared at, either her or me. I looked back to a wall hoping that the crowd would stop staring.

"Look what I found." She says sitting next to me showing me her phone.

I could not believe my eyes. It was a photo of yesterday that showed Nathan and I kissing on the beach.

"Oh my God! I can't believe that you actually kissed him!" She says hyperventilating.

"She what?!" Mark asks/shouts. His voice was colder and deep. His green eyes were full of hurt and sadness.

"Yes look!" I seriously believe that Melody is an alien-robot sent from a planet on Andromeda Galaxy, which objective is ruining my life.

Mark face turned red. Apart from being sweaty, he was angry. I never actually saw Mark mad. He was the calm type of friend, but never the violent one.