Chapter Nineteen

Melody came over to my house later the next day so we could help each other, because she wanted to look 'hot' on her first day with Kyle.

Even though I told her a million times that she looked good, she wouldn't believe me so I had to help her makeup and shit.

"You look good." I say, not the first time and possibly not the last time I will have to say this to convince this girl.

"You sure?" She asks checking herself in the mirror.

"Yes, now let's go to see you're future, I hope, boyfriend, or even, husband." I say with a wink.

We walked down were Kyle and Evan were sitting down on the couch talking with my parents who kept staring at Kyle.

Evan on the other side looked a little bit depressed, possibly because of our discussion. To be honest, I wasn't looking forward on dating Evan, I still needed time to think, yet I was mad at Nathan, I don't know why since he isn't my boyfriend, for being with that bitch.

"We're here." I say breaking the obvious tension between my father, who doesn't approves body modifications at all, and Kyle.

Evan and Kyle rose up and looked at us. Evan's short brown hair was longer than before, while Kyle's blonde hair was styled in a quiff.

I wasn't wearing noting amusing, just a red dress I took from my sister. Melody on the other side was wearing a white dress while her hair was up in a messy bun.

"You look..." Evan begun.

"Stunning." Kyle finished for him, obviously he was staring at Melody like if she was a rare jewel or a double chocolate chip cookie with a Starbucks latte.

Sorry about that, it's that I'm a bit hungry.

The room suddenly became quiet, Kyle staring and Melody, Melody staring at him, Evan staring at me, me staring at the floor, and my parents staring at Kyle.

I sighed. I seriously have to do everything?

"Shall we go?" I ask with a smile and everyone came back into reality.

~•~

"You look beautiful." Evan whispers in my ear.

I smiled and gave him a small kiss on the lips.

"Thanks." I say.

Melody and Kyle on the other side, were talking about random stuff, but then the question came.

"Do you like books?." She asks.

Okay, so if Kyle says no this will have a not very happy ending, most of Melody's relationships ended just because the guy never read.

"I actually do." Kyle says with a smile.

Amen.

"Really? What kind of books do you like?" Melody asks sitting closer to Kyle.

"Well, this might sound childish, but so really like fantasy books like Harry Potter, and also dystopia books like Divergent."

Two out of two, yes, he's perfect for her.

"Chloe, can you come with me to the bathroom for a moment?" Melody asks after they brought us our food.

"Now." I ask, my mouth full of pasta.

"Yes, now." She says turning to me.

"Fine." I groan while standing up.

On our way to the bathroom a black haired guy was staring at me, so I tried to ignore him, but the look on his face was really familiar.

"You better have a good reason to bring me here while I'm in Pasta Heaven." I say crossing my arms.

"I like him." Melody says.

"Great, now let's go eat." I say grabbing her by the wrist.

"Wait!" She says pulling away.

"Ugh, what's the problem now?" I ask turning to her.

"It's that, he's a year older, what about when he graduates? He'll go away and I'll be a wreck."

"You worry too much about the future." I say standing next to her. "Enjoy the present."

She gives me a smile and I hug her back patting her back.

"There's another thing." She says looking at herself in the mirror.

"What is it?"

"I broke up with Jackson a few weeks ago and I'm still depressed." She says and her eyes began watering.

"There's no need to rush this, you can still be friends, right?" She nods. "Well, then let's go eat then."

"Yeah..." She says and we walk away from the bathroom.

But as soon as I left the same guy was still staring at me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I snap."

"Still the same sassy Chloe, huh?"

No, no no no no, this can't be right, he's gone for good, there's no way, no. Just NO!

"Ryan?!" I ask, and everything went black.