Chapter Nine

Shout out and dedicated to @yinber. Go check out her books, they're awesome!

-*-

We both separated from the kiss and looked at each other, smiling.

"That was a good kiss." I say with a small laughter.

"Yeah." He says catching his breath. "But."

I hate buts', they are never good.

"Do you love me?" He asks with a serious tone, and I stare at him, butting my bottom lip.

Evan is a nice looking guy, he's very cute and funny, and he has never hurt me before. But, did I loved him? I admit, because the masochist I am, that I still have feelings for Nate.

But-

'Stop saying but and say yes to the gorgeous -and sexy- boy you have in front if you!' My mind scolds me

I gave him a warm smile, and said: "Yes."

-•-

It's been almost a week since we both declared our love for each other. Evan invited me over to his house today.

I found myself with Evan on our last class of the day, History. Evan was in charge to make sure I didn't fell asleep on the most boring class of History.

Get it? History the most boring class in History? No? Nobody? Okay.

"And remember class, next Wednesday we have a test." Mr. Melbourne says.

A few seconds later, the silent air was felt with noises as the bell rang and students began talking. No, scratch that. Students began screaming.

I turn over to Evan who was already packing his bag.

"Want me to wait for you?" He asks and I shook my head.

"I need to look for my Biology book." I say and he replies with an 'okay'.

I left the classroom and fought against the waterfall of heads that were walking in the opposite direction that I was.

I reached my locker a few minutes later and started searching for my book. But it wasn't there.

"Shit." I mutter underneath my breath.

"Those aren't words for a lady." I turned and saw Nate leaning on the locker next to mine with my book. "Were you looking for this." He raises my book from his hand.

"Ho-Whe- Give me my book." I stutter.

"So we got a stutterer here, huh?" He says coming towards me.

"Give me my hook." I say, almost whining.

He walks around me, as if I was a prey, I never turned but I kept eye contact with him. He did that for a while before finally saying: "What is it that makes him like you."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Evan." He says standing in front of me.

He looks at me and I gave him a fulminating look.

Then unexpectedly his lips crashed with mines. Yeah they crashed because he kissed me roughly. I didn't kiss back, I can't let my feelings hurt me again. Not this time, not with him.

Then, something that I'd regret later happened, my hand became in contact with Nate's face, making a loud 'smack' noise

My eyes were wide in horror, I've slapped the most popular guy in school.

"You'll regret this." What is his frigging problem with me now! A month ago he was in love with me.

I grab my hook and made a run towards Evan's car. I found him few minutes later, already sitting on his car.