Chapter Twenty-Three

Ugh last week before finals, and Monday's are so not my days.

When I walked up to school I walked will all my confidence, Nate was by my side,he was grabbing my hand.

Now, we aren't official, we're more like... friends with benefits.

So while walking obviously there had to be people whispering.

"He's dating that bitch?" I heard some girl talking behind me, I turned around, she was some senior blonde girl who was wearing a skirt so short that her legs seemed like chicken legs.

In return I gave her a smile and showed her my middle finger. I felt good today, don't know why to be honest.

First class was English, how fun, I sat next to Nathan who kept telling me jokes and compliments, I cracked up a little bit at some of the jokes he told.

"What's so funny Ms. Miller? Would you like to come up and tell the joke?" Mr. Newman said.

"To be honest, no." I say in response and everyone suddenly became ghosts as they were like 'oooh.'

"Well... to bad, so come up here and tell the joke." He seemed to be really upset about the reaction of the whole class, dude, don't you know that stress causes wrinkles? Chill out bro.

I gave Nate a look and he began reading his literature book trying to hide an obvious smile.

I walked up to whiteboard and looked to the class. Everyone but Nate were staring impatiently at me.

"Okay, uhm, so..."

"Just tell the goddamn joke!" I heard some guy shouting on the back. I gave him a thumbs up in response.

"So, this joke, or more like comment, is brought to you by Nathan Grey himself." I say and I hear a thud in one of the tables, I knew it was Nathan banging his head in the table. "So, in English class my stress level is Millicent from The Suit Life of Zack and Cody."

And with that some guys actually began cracking up, badly, while others were just agreeing to my, Nathan's actually, comment.

"Sit down." Mr. Newman says in between gritted teeth, he didn't clearly understood the joke.

And with that he continued giving his class, and I just continued chatting with Nathan.

The rest of the day was actually perfect to be a Monday, and as I said before, Monday's are not my days, but this my actually be it.

When the day was over Nate offered me a ride home, but I said I needed to stay a little bit later because Mr. Newman got me in detention for an hour.

"I'll call you." Nate says before leaving in his car.

The detention room wasn't what I expected, the teacher, which was the art teacher by the way, was walking around talking with the students, which were three more girls including senior blondie, and two more guys.

"Chloe, what did you do?" Mr. Smith asks sitting on the chair in front of mine.

"I told a joke in Mr. Newman's class." I confess staring at his light brown eyes. To be honest he's the hottest teacher in school, and yes I still like Nathan, but hot damn!

"How many hours left?" I ask putting my head in the table.

"You know what, just go and I'll tell the principal you felt sick and I sent you home." He says giving me a smile.

He's the best teacher ever.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out of school, it was almost four and the day seemed like it was about to rain so I began walking home until I heard footsteps following me.