06| Rejection

I sat at the dining table surrounded by the very people who practically drain the life from me everyday, I had double the concealer and foundation trying to disguise the abuse which actually worked very well

     I sat at the dining table surrounded by the very people who practically drain the life from me everyday, I had double the concealer and foundation trying to disguise the abuse which actually worked very well. I gently pick up my fork and stab the small piece of honeydew, I imagine the sweet melon being my dad's head which made every second much better. I know I shouldn't imagine those things because he's my dad but sometimes I wish he was just gone forever so he couldn't hurt us anymore.

"Are you alright, Preciosa?" My mom asked, my eyes unglued themselves from my plate and made their way to hers. (Translation: Precious)

"Yes, I'm just tired." I told her, my frown couldn't help to not show.

I could feel Bodhi staring at me from the corner of his eye, he knows exactly why I'm acting so closed off right now. My cheek is still stinging from last night and I could still feel his hand against my skin which makes me feel sick to my stomach. I physically I'm here but mentally, I am somewhere so far away that it scares me.

"Please excuse me." I push off the chair, dropping my fork with the piece of melon still on it.

"Baby." Bodhi called out to me but I ignored him.

It's slowly becoming harder to fake being happy, I want to scream, curse, destroy everything yet my brain knows not to do any of those things because my actions come with heavy consequences. I walk down the hallway looking for any open doors, I finally manage to open a door and slammed it shut behind me.

My chest is lifting up and down in a quick pace, my hands squeeze together as I bit down on my tongue trying to dilute sadness with pain.

"Banana shenanigans." I shout, angrily right before kicking the door. That didn't settle me, I kick the door again even harder.

Why is everything always on me? I have to sacrifice my body and my very dignity in order to save my family from being homeless. All these fucked up secrets that come with the last name Cardoso is like having chains on yourself, my dad is a predator and I'm his perfect victim.

"What did my door do to you?" A voice said from behind me, I spun around with my hand over my chest clearly spooked out.

Kaz is standing up near the set of bars, his body was completely in a bird's eye view. Sweat dripped down his bare torso, his shirt was clearly tossed on the floor and his shorts hung dangerously low around his v line, his boxers were even showing. I stood there flabbergasted with my mouth hung wide open, he waited for a response but I was far from making out words. This gave me a chance to look around, I spotted the hundreds of workout equipment and punching bags, he had his own personal gym, of course he did.

He chuckles quietly while grabbing his towel from the bars, my eyes watched as he wiped his forehead and slowly made his way to his neck.

I want to lick every drop of his delicious body.