41 | Arrest him

I stood in a hallway with my arm pressed against the cold wall, my eyes kept flicking to hundreds of rewards from different police academies and different military medals

     I stood in a hallway with my arm pressed against the cold wall, my eyes kept flicking to hundreds of rewards from different police academies and different military medals. My brother was standing across from me with his arm wrapped around his pregnant wife who couldn't stop shaking. We tried begging her to stay at home with Enzo but she felt like she needed to be here, for what? I'm not sure.

Kaz drove us here in a matter of seconds, he blacked out like was cold for a second and not responding to me. I don't know why we're here, I don't know if my fiancé is scared and it's killing me inside.

Finally, the door opened, and a man with a bunch of tattoos stood at the door making sure there was enough room for all of us to squeeze through. I walked inside, almost sprinting because of how eager I was to see Kaz. The room was simple yet reeked of some sort of law enforcer, the walls carried pictures of men in green and tan uniforms at different locations in different deserts. There was a huge desk in the middle, and two chairs in the front where Kaz sat at.

His legs were apart, and his body hunched over just a little with his elbows sitting on his knees and his fingers pressed against his chin. I could read the anger in his eyes, the danger that lingered in his body language. I walked closer to him, standing only inches away from him and he didn't try to reach for comfort, he stayed still.

"I'm Severin Pierce, DEA special agent in charge." The man with tattoos said, his German accent was thick and very noticeable. "I've been friends with Kaizen for years, ever since we were put in the same military division."

Kaizen? Fucking Kaizen, I'm going to kill him.

"I don't go by that name anymore." He said, his voice traveling far in the room. "It's Kaz."

His friend nods, unaffected and uninterested. My eyes were drilling holes in the back of his head, trying to secretly force him to look at me and explain why he kept his name such a secret. What else is he keeping from me? His friend was giving him a look, a look I couldn't find familiarity in. Kaz locked his hands together very tightly, his mouth pressed against his white knuckles.

"Tell her, she needs to know." He mumbled under his breath, keeping eye contact with his friend.

Severin turned around and grabbed a file, it had the word 'classified' written across it. My brother looked between Kaz and his friend clearly confused and worried, Jules didn't show any emotion at all. I walked closer to the desk where the man laid out multiple pictures of different bloody scenes, and a woman with a badly beaten face, and the strange part was she looked exactly like my brother's wife just a lot older.

My shaky hand reached for the picture of the woman, it looked like her face was completely broken. My breathing was shallow and uneven, this didn't feel right.

"Who is this?" I asked, quietly.

"My mom, and Afonso's second wife." Jules responded, her voice cracked along with the wall she carried with her crumbled down.