42 | His approval

It was the next day, and the sun was shining brightly between the curtains

It was the next day, and the sun was shining brightly between the curtains. Talitha and I decided to make breakfast for everyone, just to thank them for everything. Enzo was even helping, I watched as he and Talitha decorated the pancakes with chocolate chips. They both were giggling and goofing around with each other and I couldn't help but watch carefully.

It's a sight that could've been mine five years ago, but maybe we weren't ready then, maybe we are now.

Jules wobbled inside the kitchen, dark bags along with puffiness under her eyes. Tiago trailed beside her with his arm wrapped around her back, he looks like he stayed up all night watching her sleep.

"You guys really didn't have to." She mumbled with awe, her hand hovering over her pregnant belly.

"We wanted to." I said, her arm wrapped around my waist like it belonged there because it did.

Talitha stepped forward to help Jules, Tiago didn't take his eyes off of me. He moved his head in the direction of the other room, he wanted to talk to me privately and all I could think about was if I don't get his approval, I could possibly lose the love of my life. I didn't say anything but quietly followed him to the other room, he closed the door behind us.

"You probably know by now that I'd do pretty much anything for my sister." He said, turning to face me. "I killed my own blood to keep her safe."

"Tiago, you're a good brother." I said.

"Truth be told, I never liked you for my sister because I think she could've done so much better." He said, this isn't going as well as I planned. "She could've found someone that didn't have to lie to keep her, someone who didn't treat her like a secret."

I get it now, this must be a 'leave her for her own good' speech. I've always hated those, but I can respect him for it because she deserves something better than me and I've always known that. My hand ran across my chin, I could walk away but I'm praying he'll let me talk to her before I go.

"But, yesterday when you were willing to do almost anything to keep her safe, even now I see how willing you are to let her go just for her own happiness." He said, carefully. "You put her happiness before your own, you love her more than you love yourself and that's all I've ever wanted for her."

I stared at him, with a very blank expression because I definitely wasn't expecting this.

"I wanted to give you my approval and as hard as it is to give her away to you, I think you deserve her now." He smiled, and I felt like I was on cloud fucking 9 right now.

I held my hand out with a smile on my own lips, he glanced down before carefully placing his hand in my mind and shaking it. "If you hurt her, I will chop your head off and feed your body to alligators." He warned, with his smile growing tighter.

"I'll never hurt her, you have my word." I said, hoping to ease any of his concerns.

We walked back into the dining room, he walked over to his wife and son while I stayed behind the island quietly watching my fiancée. She was picking out the oranges from the salad, making her bowl just strawberries and raspberries. I think I fell even more in love with her in this moment, she's so beautiful in every aspect and the thing that gets me is she's not even trying.

I've been spotted, she walked over to me with her bowl in hand and that small smile that I love so much. She stabbed a strawberry before bringing it to my mouth and pecking my lips.

"What did you and my brother talk about?" She asked with curiosity swirling inside her eyes.

"Well, we held hands in a circle and tried to find out which of us loved you more." I said, playfully with a smirk on my lips.

She chuckled, her eyes glancing back at her brother's before meeting mine again. "Come on, seriously." She said.

"He gave me his approval." I said, immediately.

Her chuckle faded away and her eyes widened just a little, a more serious smile covered her mouth. "Really?" She asked, tears gathered around her eyes and my hand immediately cupped her cheek, my thumb softly swiped under her eyes.

"I hope you still have it in you for one, final wedding." I said, quietly.

More tears traveled down her cheeks, my thumb was trying its best to wipe away as many tears as it can. Her hand grasped my shoulder, her touch was warm and felt so familiar that my body was at ease.

"Darling, why the tears?" I whispered under my breath, it physically hurt to see her cry and I didn't like the feeling.

"I'm happy, they're happy tears." She replied, softly.

I stared deep into her eyes, there wasn't any doubt in my body how much I would've given up for her, I would've given my life for hers if that meant she'd be happy. I've never felt that way for anyone, her pain is my pain, her worries are my worries, her happiness is my happiness, and her love is my love.

"I love you, Talitha Cardoso." I said, every word trembling in my body. I could see my past and my future by just looking into her eyes, and there was no one else in this world that is meant for me.

More tears trickled down her cheeks, she bit down on her lip trying to hold back her trembling voice. "I love you, Kaz Rhodes." She whispered with a smile, her hand on my shoulder running up and down.

My hands buried behind her neck and hair, her mouth pressed against mine. I exhaled against her lips finding myself at peace with her acceptance, she deepened the kiss by shutting her eyes even tighter and pressing her chest against mine. We pulled back not all the way, our lips still grazed each other but our eyes met each other. My finger softly brushed across her forehead making sure to tuck her ginger hair behind her ear, her beauty is so extraordinary.

The sound of water hitting the floor caught our attention, we both turned to find Jules standing with her legs apart and her hand placed on her lower belly. "My water just broke." She said, her eyes widened and excitement covering her face.

"No fucking way." Talitha mumbled while staring at the water.

"Yes, fucking way." Jules exclaimed.

Tiago stood beside her with his mouth hanging wide open, he glanced at us then back at her. "Oh my god, you just leaked water from between your legs."

"Really? I thought we moved on from that after Enzo." She bit out with her teeth-baring, her emotions now turning to anger.

"Sorry, honey." He said, quickly kissing her lips over and over again. "I love you, I love you."

"Just shut the fuck up, grab a plastic bag, and fill it with bacon." She shoved him away while her other hand grasped her waist, she hunched over and groaned loudly in discomfort.

It was like clockwork after that, we grabbed everything we needed and I made sure to grab Enzo. I glanced at the rearview mirror, Talitha was in the back trying her best to comfort Jules. She brushed her hair back and showed her how to breathe in and out while counting backward, her hand hovered over her belly and she smiled so purely that it made me smile. She's so kind and patient, even though I know how hard it must be to face what she lost five years ago.

I can't wait to spend every part of my life with her, and I can't wait to have a child with her knowing of her kindness, knowing of her love, knowing of her sympathy, knowing of her compassion, knowing of her forgiveness.

Instagram: @ sexsationel
Twitter: @ sexsationella
Tik tok: @ ellasbooks_

Two more chapters left! I already have them written, I'm just editing right now.