34 | The phone call

4 years later

4 years later

        Music was blasting through the club, bodies brushing against each other, flashing lights covering our vision. My fist pumped in the air as my bright red hair flipped around, I could feel the alcohol running through my veins. I go out twice a month with friends, we drink and club together. I've made many friends from different backgrounds, my therapist thinks it's good for my mental health and I haven't been this healthy mentally and physically since I was maybe a child.

My style, my style has changed for the best you could say. I dress more maturely and way more confident than before, I go for blacks and reds mostly.

Wes grabbed my hips, his nails gently digging inside my skin. His jeans were rubbing against my bare legs, his cologne filled my nose and my head fell back against his broad shoulder. My crop top was rising my waist allowing him more skin to touch, my head was fuzzy.

He spun me around while wrapping his arms fully around my body, his hand crawled up to my cheek before he gently pressed his lips against mine. My lips immediately started to kiss his back, he tasted like vodka and strawberries. It felt good to kiss but he doesn't feel good, I pulled away while quietly shoving him away.

"I need a smoke break." I said, my voice towering over the music letting everyone know.

"I'll go with you." Nyla says, her hand locked with mine before I could reject her offer.

She pulled me through the crowd, my shoulders bumped into everyone's shoulders. Nyla is one of my closest friends, I met her in school during my first year here in Seattle. She's more on the wild side but she's a great friend, she's helped me heal in many ways, especially with my confidence. With her vivid purple hair and tan skin along with multiple piercings, she's someone I admire.

We stood outside, I've recently started smoking cigarettes. I only do it once every month, it just helps ease my nerves. I leaned against the brick wall, I brought the lighter close to my mouth lighting the cigarette. The night sky was filled with many stars, and I couldn't help but think about Kaz.

Is he staring at the same stars?

"So you and Wes?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me, a small smile appeared on my lips.

"He's a friend, that's all."

"Right, so when are we going to have our make-out sesh since it's a friend thing?" She said, bringing her cigarette to her mouth.

"We just got carried away." I mumbled under my breath, my eyes drifting to hers. "It was a mistake."

"You're still waiting for him." She said.