Chapter 47: Prepping for the School Festival

---

At Eri's hospital, Midoriya, Togata, and Y/n are finally able to see Eri.

"Eri-chan!" Midoriya and Togata calls out.

"Sorry I couldn't come see you sooner." Midoriya says while Togata gifts her a basket of fruits.

"Is there a fruit you like? Can I try guessing? It's peaches, right? Cause you're like a peach!" Togata says.

"Apples.."

"That's what I thought!"

"Then, let's peel it." Y/n softly says and start peeling the apple.

---

Back in the supplementary lessons room,

"Eri-chan wants to see Midoriya and Y/n?" Asui asked.

"Yeah. Strictly speaking, she's concerned about Midoriya, Tomioka and Togata. Apparently, it's her first request since being admitted to the hospital." Aizawa explains.

---

"This whole time, even when I had a fever, I was thinking... about when you rescued me. But I didn't know your name. I only knew Lemillion-san and Hashira-san. I wanted to know your name.." Eri turn to Midoriya.

"I'm Midoriya Izuku. My hero name is Deku! Um, maybe since Deku is shorter, it's easier to remember.. I'm Deku!" Midoriya informs her.

"Deku-san. Lemillion-san. Hashira-san. And.. that man wearing glasses... All of you... were injured badly because of me." Eri apologizes to them for all the trouble for her sake. However, she is unaware that Nighteye has passed away.

She has been blaming everything on herself and holding onto the guilt.

"Becasue of me, you all suffered.. I'm sorry. It.. It was my fault that you lost your power, Lemillion-san.." Togata place a hand on Eri's head.

"Eri-chan. No one thought they were suffering. This is what we all think: I'm glad Eri-chan is okay!" Togata reassures her it's not her fault.

"Everyone fought because they wanted to see your smile!"

Eri tries to smile, but it turns out that she can't even force herself to do it.

"I'm sorry... How do you smile again..?"

Y/n is aware that Eri has not recovered from her psychological abuse from Overhaul. He notices that Midoriya is also aware too.

Until Midoriya suddenly had an idea.

"Aizawa-sensei! Could Eri-chan leave the hospital for just one day?" Midoriya asked.

"It's not impossible, but anyways, she's going to be-"

"Then, can Eri-chan come, too? The school festival. Can Eri-chan come, too?" Y/n was surprised by that.

"School festival? What's that?"

"It's a festival that takes place at our school where there will be lots of events on display where people can enjoy themselves." Y/n explain to Eri.

"This is a great idea! Oh, apples! There might be candy apples!" Togata added, which catches Eri's attention.

"All right. I'll talk it over with the principal." Aizawa agreed as he pulls out his phone.

"In that case.. Eri-chan, what do you think?" Midoriya asked.

"I.. thought.. about the people who saved me.. when I was saved.. I thought about how I wanted to know more about everyone." Eri says.

"I'll tell you more than you want to know! Let's work on the principal, too, to get him to say yes!" Togata tells to Midoriya and Y/n, who simply nodded.