Chapter 8

At night, Emily and Adam were looking around the Heights for Lizzie and Lucy, they were holding hands, "It's going to be okay," Adam said.

"Okay? Okay?!" Emily looked at him, "Lizzie is missing!" Emily said.

"I know she is and trust me I'm just as worried as you are," He tucked some hair behind her ear, "It'll be okay, she's your daughter after all," Adam said.

Emily looked at him silently, "Mom?" Bradley called out and the two adults pulled away from each other and looked at him as he walked up.

"Did you find them?" Emily asked.

"No, sorry. Ethan and Mason are looking as well," Bradley said.

"Sorry to drag you three from your party," Emily said.

"It was boring anyway. We'll call you if we find them," Bradley said.

"Same," Emily said as she nodded and watched Bradley walking away.

Adam placed his hand on her waist, "You did good with him, don't worry. He'll be okay," Adam said.

"Right now, I'm worried about Lizzie," Emily said and walked ahead as he followed after her.

Flashback

Ruby had finished getting Yong Blaze ready for the Homecoming dance, she was dressed in a lime two-piece dress, her hair was naturally wavy, with some of her hair in a bun, her makeup was light and natural and she wore black heeled shoes.

Ruby looked at her sister and smiled, "Granny would prefer the red... But this is nice," Ruby said.

"Thanks, Red," Young Blaze said as they walked out of her room.

Jake, Granny and Dorothy were waiting in the living room when they heard the two sisters walking downstairs, they looked over and saw Ruby walking in, "Now... We did try the red but Blaze wanted this other dress," Ruby said.

"But the red one is protected..." Granny said.

"Granny, she'll be fine," Jake nodded to Ruby, "Let's see," Jake said.

Young Blaze walked in, "So? What do you think?" Young Blaze asked.

Dorothy smiled and walked over to Ruby as she looked at Young Blaze, "It's perfect," Dorothy said

"I wasn't worried," Jake said as he walked over to his daughter and kissed her cheek.

"Liar," Young Blaze said and they chuckled.

Granny smiled, "I agree with Dorothy, it's perfect... But... The red dress is protected," Granny said.