Chapter 32

The next day, at the bar, Kelly was looking at her engagement ring and checked her voicemail to find she had a call from Chad, her fiance, she played the recording, "Kelly, hey. It's Chad. Again. I'm just calling 'cause it's our anniversary. Look I can't pretend to know why you left, but I want to understand, Kelly. And I made a reservation for tomorrow night at our place. I miss you, Kel," Chad said in the voicemail.

Kelly sighed as she put her phone down as Roni walked in from the forest and she looked at her, "Look who's back from her nature walk. How'd it go?" Kelly said.

"Did you know that there are 12,000 different kinds of moss?" Roni said as she walked towards her sister.

"It took me forever to find what we needed. But I got it," Roni pulled out a paper bag from her purse, "Now, we can cure Henry and break this curse," Roni said.

"That's great, but there's just one problem," Roni looked at Kelly, "Henry and Grace aren't here. They skipped town for some job interview in New York," Kelly said.

"What? Why didn't you call me?" Roni asked.

"I got distracted," Kelly shows then the heart-shaped chocolate box, "Seems I've got a secret admirer. Margot found then outside the bar last night," Kelly said.

"So the witch killer has moved on from coven members. But why you?" Roni said.

"Who knows? But you know who didn't have these problems? Kelly. I mean, yeah, she used organic deodorant and dabbled in freeganism. I mean, eating rubbish was not my finest moment, but at least Kelly didn't kill a munchkin. She was loved. Chad's a good man, and he'd never choose Zelena," Kelly said.

"This curse wasn't really a curse for you, was it?" Roni asked.

"It was more like a vacation," Kelly said as she smiled softly.

At Clary's shared apartment, Clary was making pancakes for their breakfast and staring off into space at Sabine and Jacinda were watching her, they walked to her, "We don't mean to micromanage you making breakfast, but..." Jacinda said.

Clary snapped out of it, "What?" Sabine picked up the pan before the pancake burnt and served the pancake onto the plate, "Ooh. Thanks," Clary said.

"Mhm. Let me guess. Write boy's on your mind, not pancakes," Sabine said.

"Mnh-mnh. I did what you two said I called Henry to tell him how I felt, but he didn't even text when he got to New York," Clary said and her phone beeped.

"Huh?" Sabine said.

"Is it Henry?" Lucy asked from the table.

Clary picked up her phone to see the text and smiled, "Yeah, it's him. He's fine," Clary said.