Chapter 21

At the hospital, Dr Sage was getting a Key Lime Seltzer out of the vending machine when Clary approached her and the doctor turned around with the drink in her hand, "I know what you're thinking. These things will kill ya," Dr Sage said.

Clary cleared her throat, "Dr Sage, any test results yet?" Clary said.

"As soon as I have something, I'll come to you," Dr Sage said and walked away.

"Mhm," Clary said.

Henry approached Clary, "So, who would Lucy say she is? Doctor Do-Little? Doctor Strange?" Henry said.

"More like, Doctor Takes Her Sweet Time," Henry chuckled and Clary got a chocolate bar out of the vending machine, "It's just doesn't seem real. One second, I am cooking dinner with my friend for my little girl, I go into the bedroom, and then... The next," Clary looked at him and noticed the bandage on Henry's arm, "Did you?" Clary said.

"Oh, yeah. I, uh, took the blood test. I know a match is one in a million, but I also that I would've taken all the ones-in-a-millions I could get with my family," Henry said and Clary smiled at him briefly.

 I know a match is one in a million, but I also that I would've taken all the ones-in-a-millions I could get with my family," Henry said and Clary smiled at him briefly

"How... How did you deal with losing them?" Clary asked as she looked down.

"Hey," He took hold of her arms, "That won't happen to Lucy. Lucy is gonna sit up in that bed. She's gonna smile that perfect smile. You're gonna hug her, and you're gonna take her home. That's what's gonna happen... Now, are you gonna share that candy bar, or what?" Henry said with a smile.

Clary smiled at him, "Thank you for being here," Melody said.

"Anytime. You remember that," Henry said.

Clary opened the wrapped then snapped the chocolate bar in half and handed him one half, "I mean Henry... Thank you, I don't know what I'd be like without you here... I know I have Sheila  Jacinda and Sabine... And... And Nick... But..." Clary sighed and looked at him, "It's just a lot... Easier with you here," Clary said.

"Why because I can read books till you fall asleep as you refuse to rest?" Henry asked with a smile.

Clary chuckled, "You have a very soothing tone to your voice when you're reading your work," Clary said and Henry chuckled as they hugged each other.

"It's going to be okay, I promise," Henry said and Clary nodded, closing her eyes as he rubbed her back.

Nick walked over, "Oh, sorry," They looked at him as they pulled away, "I'm just getting coffees, you two want anything?" Nick asked.

"Cocoa," Clary and Henry said in unison.

"Alright," Nick looked at Clary, "Cinnamon right?" Clary nodded, "Henry?" Nick asked.

Henry smiled, "Cocoa, thanks," Henry said.

"Sure... Jacinda and Sabine are sitting with Lucy, if you need to keep stretching your legs, she's not alone C," Nick said.