Chapter 28

A few days later, Grace and Detective Rogers were walking down the street with takeaway cups of coffee, "How's Tilly?" Grace asked.

"She's settled in, it's different living with someone but it's for her safety," Detective Rogers said.

"That's good, I'm glad you're both getting along. You never know, we find friends and people we call family in the strangest of places and when we least expect it," Grace said.

"Hmm, speaking from experience?" Detective Rogers asked.

"Well, I met you when Henry's car was missing and we were planning on leaving and never coming back," Grace said as they both stopped walking and looked at each other.

"Glad you didn't, love," He smiled, "I'm sorry it's a takeaway coffee, it's been mayhem lately and I don't have enough of time," Detective Rogers said.

"It's absolutely fine," Grace said as she shook her head and smiled.

"You sure, love?" Detective Rogers said.

"I'm positive, yeah... It might be a bit chilly, but my coffee can warm me up as well as a hug, you look very warm today, detective," Grace said as she smiled and took a sip of her coffee as he smiled and looked down.

 It might be a bit chilly, but my coffee can warm me up as well as a hug, you look very warm today, detective," Grace said as she smiled and took a sip of her coffee as he smiled and looked down

"I promise I'll make it up to you," Detective Rogers said.

"Oh? With what a scarf? Bigger coat?" Grace asked and chuckled softly.

"Next time will be better," Detective Rogers said.

"Next time, huh? I'll look forward to it," Grace said and they smiled at each other before they started walking again.

At Roni's bar, Clary and Lucy walked inside to pick up some food for Lucy and the sitter that night, "Hey, Roni. You got that to-go order?" Clary asked.

"Um, yes. Remy's firing it up now. No time to eat here?" Roni said.

"Oh, it's for Lucy and her sitter. I got plans with Jacinda, Sabine, Mary and Shiela tonight," Clary's phone rang, "That's the sitter calling," Clary said and walked to the side to take the call.