Chapter 19

San Francisco...

At the gym, Grace walked out of the ladies restroom to see Roni in the waiting area Roni was now putting the now-empty vial in her bag.

"Roni? Still nothing?" Grace asked.

"Still waiting for her. Your mother?" Roni said.

"Landed, she's on her way," Grace said and Roni nodded.

Kelly walked out with her things and she saw Roni and Grace, "What are you two still doing here?" Kelly asked.

Roni cleared her throat, "We waited for you, and you'll be glad we did. Because I know deep down underneath all that overwhelming anger and resentment, you'll soon see that all of this was meaningless," Roni said.

"It wasn't meaningless," Kelly said.

"Roni?" Grace said.

"You'll see. You'll remember," Kelly looked at Roni as she sighed, "You know, we were like sisters," Roni said.

"I'm sorry I ever felt that way," Kelly said.

"Ouch," Grace said.

Roni sighed, "You need a drink," Roni said as she walked over to the table with the different drinks on a table and got three plastic beakers and reached for the scotch.

"I'd rather have some of that cucumber-mint-honey-lavender water if it will make you both leave me alone," Kelly said.

"What the hell is that?" Grace asked.

"It's a healthy drink and very refreshing. You should try it," Kelly said.

"One day, yeah," Grace said.

Roni poured Kelly some scotch, "No, no, no. We are not leaving until you have a real drink with us," Roni said as she held the drinks out to them.

Kelly and Grace took them, Kelly reluctantly drank hers as Grace and Roni watched her but nothing happened, "Ugh," Kelly coughed, "I wish I had the cucumber-mint-honey-lavender water. Ugh," Kelly said.

"Okay. Okay, I've never been great at subtle..." Kelly and Grace looked at Roni, "We're cursed," Roni said.

" Kelly and Grace looked at Roni, "We're cursed," Roni said

"Going for the direct. I love it, grandma," Grace said.

"Shut your mouth," Roni said.

"Hmm... Nah," Grace said as she smiled rolling her eyes a little.

 Nah," Grace said as she smiled rolling her eyes a little