CHAPTER 3

Nine years later

"Ha! Take that hyung!"

"Try harder idiot! Some weak blows will not bring me down", the elder one of the two yelled out. Taehyung smirked at that challenge. Swiftly he exchanged the sword from his left to right hand behind his back to confuse his hyung, and charged towards him from his left side. As expected, he was stunned by the sudden move but positioned his own weapon in between the other's sword just in time and managed to block the blow without losing his stance.

The sound of swords clashing went on for about and hour more. Both young men were equally skilled and one could see it as they moved with agility to attack their opponent. The sun was high up in the sky when they were done with their practice session. 

Beads of sweat rolled down their muscular arms and heaving chests as they collapsed to the ground . Though it wasn't hot like the summer months, the intense practice session had left the fighters panting and exhausted. The sun beating down on them mercilessly added to the heat so they decided to take a dip in the nearby stream to cool off.

Namjoon signed in relief as he finally stepped into the cool water, tense muscles instantly relaxing. "We should really have more of these sessions. Don't you think so hyung?", Taehyung asked as he washed himself. " Yeah sure, I would love to if Mister I-am-tired-today-so-maybe-tomorrow will stop postponing it every single damned time", Namjoon taunted him with teasing smile.

Taehyung playfully rolled his eyes at that, " Well I would if Mister I-have-work-to-do would hurry up and come home early! But nooo, he has to stay back at the military camp and therefore I need to wait for holidays like today so that I can finally spend some quality time with my brother!"

Namjoon snickered at that playful jab. But he did not defend himself either. It was true he wasn't home for a lot of time because of his duties at the two borders. The rebels and enemies had been giving them a hard time for a while now, even so, he tried his best to finish up his missions quicky with his team and return home soon.

"Well I won't be going anywhere for sometime now", Namjoon grinned as he finally broke the good news to his brother. "Really? You applied for transfer to the capital?", Taehyung squealed, widened eyes sparkling with delight.

"Not for long, but yes, for a while I'll be working in the capital."

Their conversation was interrupted by a loud cheerful voice that they knew could belong to only man, Hoseok, "Yah! Stop that banter and get out of the water right now! It's Chuseok! And for gods sake at least don't be late today. You both promised to go to the market with me to buy a gift for Yoongi. Unlike you idiots I've got a boyfriend to please", he huffed.

Namjoon an Taehyung burst out laughing at that.

It had been two years since Yoongi and Hoseok had become a thing. They were one of the cutest couples in town. They were complete opposites in many ways but melted when they were around each other.

As for Taehyung after so many years he could (finally) talk to Jimin without stuttering. Guess you could call it a progress. The poor boy was still got nervous as hell the moment Jimin approached him. Everybody around them had picked up the tension between them. Yet these two, being the idiots they were, were completely oblivious to each others' feelings. Don't even ask how many times Namjoon and Hoseok had tried to get Taehyung to confess to Jimin. The latter made up an excuse every time that happened.

Jimin had also grown close to Yoongi in the meantime. After Seokjin had left he felt a little lonely since he was always mocked for his feminine features and chubby cheeks. At least he could tell them to leave him alone when he had Seokjin beside him. That's when Yoongi came in. The amount of time he took to warm up to the beta had surprised even Jimin considering the fact he did not trust people easily after his mother had been murdered by her own sister for marrying a medic who was below their class.