CHAPTER 13

Seokjin wasn't able to hold it inside anymore. When his mother asked him what the matter was, he let it all go, sobbing into her arms and opened up to her. She had listened patiently, stroking his back as he narrated what had happened a few days ago. Maybe it was the fear that his mother would never approve of his relationship with Namjoon, Seokjin did not reveal his name. 

When he was finally done, his sobs reduced to sniffles and his chest rose with even breaths, she gently lifted his face that was buried in her chest and gently wiped the tears away kissing his forehead, shushing him softly until the tears fell no more. Seokjin finally gathered the courage to look up at her and to his surprise, she was crying. 

"W- Why are you crying eomma?", he whispered quickly sitting up. "I-I'm s- sorry. Did my words hurt you?", he muttered worriedly, assuming that his mother was disappointed in him. 

"No no my child", she whispered back, lips breaking into a smile and wiping her tears away. "How can a mother not help but cry when her child through so much. And that too on his own?', she uttered, stroking his hair tenderly. 

"Eomma....", that's all Seokjin could manage, feeling a lump in his throat, tears welling up in his eyes once again. "Does you love him so much?", she questioned. "I do", he answered. "Do he love you?", she asked again. "He does" Seokjin replied firmly. Namjoon loves me. "Then why are you worried? If your love is true, a solution will come out soon. Have some faith sweetheart and be patient, everything will be alright soon". 

Though Jimin and the others had repeated the same sentence to him many times before, somehow.... his mother saying it made him feel that everything you really be alright. Probably that's something just mothers are capable of, making you feel that it will be okay.

They stayed like that for a while. Seokjin's head on his mother's lap while she stroked his hair, soothing him. After sometime she asked him slowly, "It's still Namjoon isn't it?". Seokjin sat up startled at that question. "How does she know!?" 

"How do you know?" She smiled weakly, eyes reflecting warmth and...... regret?  

"Why were you sent to Busan back then with your brother if it was about his education only?" Seokjin was thunderstruck. "She sent me out of town to keep me away from Namjoon?" But to be honest, he wasn't angry on finding out about this. 

It was something that she or rather both of them would do to keep him away from Namjoon, so he wasn't surprised either. "How did you come to know?", he asked. "I followed you one day", came the answer. "I've seriously got be careful while going anywhere by myself from now on" c 

Seokjin studied her closely, if she would have confronted him about this earlier, her eyes would be blazing with anger but judging by her expression now, she seemed to have accepted the  situation the way it was, more like resigned when she realized that she couldn't do much about it anyways since all her efforts to keep him inside the house had failed. 

"And Appa?" His mother shook her head, "He does not know yet and it's better if it stays this way". Seokjin nodded at that. He didn't say much after that, playing with his hands that rested on his lap, lost deep in thought.

 "Do you really love him?", she asked, desperately hoping that her son would deny it but knowing deep down what his answer would be. Seokjin hummed in response. He looked up at her and whispered, "Are you disappointed in me?".

"If I am to be completely honest with you then yes, I am a little disappointed that in all the alphas that live here, you had to choose him but then again, it's not your fault that you fell for him. And I know that there must be a reason why you decided to give him your heart. You cannot choose whom you fall in love with", she answered, eyes never leaving her son. Seokjin nodded knowing that his mother understood the situation he was in.