CHAPTER 30

"Well well well... look who finally decides to show up", Jihyo commented as Namjoon entered the tent, sitting on a cot nearby. "You called for me?" he asked. "What's with that answer? I thought we became friends after we saw each other everyday for almost two weeks and the moment I tell that you've recovered you forget all about me? Is that a way you treat a friend Namjoon-ssi?", she asked. 

The knight let out a laugh at the complaint, "I've been terribly busy, forgive me miss" he said, bowing comically making both of them burst into laughter. After spending considerable time together everyday, Jihyo and Namjoon had become friends

"Care to tell this miss what has kept you so occupied that you haven't had time to see her?", as she spoke, Jihyo stepped forward until she stood in front of Namjoon, face inches apart from his, her eyes met his confused, bewildered ones before they flicked to his lips. She was about to lean in but Namjoon coughed and stood up. 

"There have been a lot of developments Jihyo. I won't be able to see you much" he said awkwardly before hurriedly stepping out of the tent.

Jihyo was left puzzled behind. It was no joke that the two weeks that they met everyday, a special kind of friendship had blossomed between them. They literally got along like a house on fire. Somewhere, at some point of time, Jihyo had noticed that she had developed feelings for Namjoon. 

She had tried subtle methods to let him know, like tracing his naked hips while bandaging him or leaning too close as she applied the ointment but to her disappointment, she had received only mixed signals in return. Sometimes he would back off and sometimes laugh it off as the feeling of being ticklish. Jihyo wasn't accustomed to be rejected and she held great pride in the fact that no man whom she had approached till now had rejected her, not even married men.

It irked her when Namjoon dismissed her advances like they were of no importance. She was well aware of the fact that many men were crushing on her, she even had Minho wrapped around her fingers but the way she was pushed away by the knight drew her in. It made her excited and she saw this as a challenge, one for satiating her ego and one for the reason why she was here. 

At the back of her mind, the healer resolved to make Namjoon fall in love with her, whatever it took for her to do so. Her time was running out as well, it would be foolish not to take the risk.

"What are you thinking sweetheart?", Minho asked as he traced her facial features. "Nothing" she answered, drawing back to the present. She and Minho were laying on the cot in her personal tent, the dim lamp their only source of light. 

"You sure?" he asked, seemingly not convinced with the answer. "Nothing to pay much attention to, tell me, how was your day?" she asked, changing the topic. "I spent most of the day in front of the prisoner. The rest of us met just once" he replied, playing with the open strands of her hair. 

"Did the prisoner say anything?" she asked, curiously sitting up. "No.." he said with a sigh, a small frown stretching on his lips. "His resistance is admirable. I spent the whole day trying to talk something out of him, even whipped him till he passed out. We failed to get anything out of his mouth" he said, gritting his teeth.

"Don't worry. I'm sure he'll break soon, then you will be my hero" she giggled, pecking his cheek, laughing when Minho began to tickle her. "But..." she mumbled, placing a hand on his chest, tracing random patterns on the bare skin. 

"You still haven't told me what happened at the meeting". "I told you sweetheart. We can't share what happens inside" he said with a sigh. 

"Whyyy?" she whined. "Don't you trust me? It's not like I will tell anyone right?" she muttered, tearing up a little when Minho did not reply.