CHAPTER 4

His feet moved briskly, as if they had a mind of their own. Soon, he found himself running down the familiar path. Holding the front part of his hanbok inorder to avoid tripping he made his way through the alley, grinning at Jimin who winked and flashed him a smile as he passed his medic shop.

As trees passed by in a blur, waves of memories crashed into him. The first time he came there without tellling anyone, looking around to make sure no one was watching him. The day Jungkook caught him sneeking out of the house and disappearing into the alley. He laughed as he remembered Jungkook's dropped jaw and wide astonished eyes when Seokjin revealed to him who he was meeting. And finally, the day he had left for Busan. 

He had tried so hard to fool himself, that it wasn't a big deal and that it won't overwhelm him so much. He had even managed to somehow control his emotions in front of Namjoon. But no sooner he had come a considerable distance away from their hideout, he had let his emotions wash over him completely. Not fighting anymore, Seokjin had let his tears fall, crying into Jungkook's shoulders as he held him tight, rubbing his back, trying to console him.

Nine years. Nine years had gone by and yet, he still remembered the incident like it had happened yesterday.

The familiar pond came into his view. Not much had changed since he had left. Just their cherry blossom tree had grown a bit, ready to serve them as perfect shelter when they sit under it and watch the sun rays as they dappled through the leafy branches. Much like the older times.

Seokjin took his time to admire his surroundings, tracing the mark with his fingers that Namjoon had carved on the tree's bark with his dagger. It was early evening, a little before sunset when he arrived. He waited for a while, but there was no sign of Namjoon. He was sure what Namjoon had meant when he had nodded at him yesterday. "Was I mistaken? Did he really not recognize me?", he wondered, rubbing the pendant that hung around his neck.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he did not notice a man slowly stepping out from behind a tree, approaching him stealthily.

"Seokjin", he heard a deep voice whisper into his ear. Startled, he turned around to be met with a laughing Namjoon. " That's not fairrrrrr! You scared me you idiot!", he whined, pushing Namjoon away playfully.

That cracked up Namjoon again and he doubled over laughing. Seokjin's puffed cheeks and pout soon smoothened out. He could not stay mad at Namjoon for long after all. He took the opportunity to admire him. Namjoon had  grown taller, a little taller than him. 

He had bulked up, veiny arms and strong biceps serving as proofs of his well built physique. His eyes were sharper, more alert, though their warmth hadn't reduced even a pinch. His hair were a little longer than his shoulders, and his half bun made him ten times more attractive. But what really stole his breath away were the dimples. Oh how he had missed them. He looked handsome. Seokjin smiled softly on realizing that he had lost himself in Namjoon's thoughts, once again.

By looking at him Seokjin had already figured out that he had presented as an Alpha unlike him, who had presented as an Omega.

"I'm sorry did i scare you too much", Namjoon asked after he stopped laughing. Seokjin's smile widened, "No you idiot". Namjoon heaved a sign of relief that made Seokjin giggle. Not much was said after that, eyes conveyed what words couldn't.

Namjoon held out his arms, hoping that Seokjin would accept his hug and that after so many years, there wouldn't be much awkwardness in between them.

Happily, Seokjin accepted his hug, pressing himself to his body, arms going around his waist, holding onto him tightly with his chin resting on his shoulder. Seokjin closed his eyes, letting himself enjoy the warmth that Namjoon's body radiated. He could make out his scent, it was woody, with a mixture of musk and cocoa, and it filled his lungs with every breath he took.