CHAPTER 25

Tying his hair in a bun, Namjoon slid the dagger in his belt, sword ready in hand. He had tied all his belongings as they were before proceeding to rip the tent off its place and fold it back together along with his partner.

Having shaken himself out of sleep completely, he now decided to walk to one of the outposts of the camp and help keep a look out incase they were ambushed sooner than they expected.

After discovering the scout, the all had spread out along the borders of the camp, expecting attack from all directions, but when none came for almost about half an hour, he and Suho decided to pack up and move. They guessed the rebels weren't as close to them as they expected. If they were fast enough, maybe they would be able to reach camp safely. Now that the scout was dead, they would find out sooner or later that their man indeed had found them.

Very soon, all the belongings were packed and hoisted onto the horses and wagons. Namjoon rode in the front while Suho stayed behind, the soldiers on either sides carrying torches in their hands. The wagons with supplies and weapons were placed inside which would make it difficult for their enemy to reach it and disappear without being intercepted by one of their own.

When it was bright enough, the torches were extinguished. The sun remained covered by the clouds, the chilly wind picking up again. Everyone was on high alert, not letting their guard down even a second. Namjoon's eyes were fixed on the path, scanning it before moving ahead.

"Can we pleeasee stop for sometime? I'm hungryyy!" Minho whined for the tenth time. Namjoon clenched his jaw, fighting the urge to punch him in the face for tenth time. "I didn't want to say this, but can we really stop sir? Most of us are hungry" Hanbin asked timidly. 

Namjoon turned his horse around and took a good look at all of them. They DID seem sleep deprived and tried, getting some food in them might energize them and he didn't think it was possible for the rebels to catch up to them so fast as they had moved with considerable pace.

"Alright" he sighed. "Thirty minutes and we hit the route again" Hanbin along with others nodded eagerly  alighting their horses and speeding of to make a fire and bring utensils for cooking. Soon enough, they all were sitting by the fire, slurping warm meat soup hungrily. Namjoon hummed to himself as he ate the last piece of meat from his bowl, full stomach instantly making him feel better. 

He was just loading his horse at the front when he noticed a man staring at him from the bushes. The moment their eyes met, the man rose from his hiding place and walked towards him. Namjoon pulled out his sword, ready for strike when the man began to laugh. "I'm do not intent to hurt you" he said. Sword still positioned in front of him, Namjoon asked him, "Then what do you want?"

By this time, the others had noticed them and had made their way towards the two, standing behind Namjoon, listening to their conversation. The man's eyes crinkled, an indication that he was smiling behind the mask. "Surrender all you weapons and supplies and we let all of you go alive". Namjoon raised an eyebrow at that, " And if we don't?". "Well then I'm sorry to say that you'll die" came the answer. 

"I'd like to see you try" Namjoon growled. Without waiting for a command, the soldier dispersed and took their respective positions as more masked me jumped out of the bushes, their swords drawn. The man, who Namjoon assumed to be their leader stepped back as more men closed onto them. With a war cry, all the pounced onto the men with fury. 

In the beginning it became obvious that the soldiers were outnumbered by a large margin. Even though they weren't trained the way the soldiers were, they had some sort of knowledge about sword use, which didn't make it any easier for their opponents.