CHAPTER 22

Just like they expected, the news spread like wildfire. It was a big deal because Namjoon was one of the most popular bachelor as well as knight in the capital. 

Seokjin was mostly happy with it, he really was but now, wherever he went, the elders he knew would ask him when the wedding was. Scratch that, everyone asked him about it! At times he wanted to snap at them so bad to leave him and his personal affairs alone nonetheless, he managed a polite smile and informed that the wedding dates were being discussed. On the bright side, he loved the envious looks he received from the other people, especially Hyolyn. 

The way she had glared at him when he passed her at the market was something he had thoroughly enjoyed, offering her a smirk in return. Seokjin almost laughed on her face when she turned and stormed off. He figured how much she had embarrassed herself, after learning the he and Namjoon were together. 

She had claimed to be the only woman who the knight would fall in love with, boasting among her friends how they would be getting married the next year. In reality, the alpha hadn't spared her a glance. The only time he actually pretended he cared was when he was trying to get Seokjin's attention.

Humming a tune, he entered the house only to be pulled aside by a servant. "The Kim of Ilsan family has come to visit sir" she whispered. "What?" he whispered shouted back, not able to believe what he heard. 

"Sir Namjoon and his family have come to visit you" she said, urgently asking him to meet them in the main room. Giving he the supplies he brought from the market, he patted him hair hoping that they weren't in a haphazard state and walked towards the main room nervously. 

"Good evening" the omega greeted them with a bow, taking his seat beside his parents. He received a tight lipped smile from his future in-laws and a wide smile from his fiancé. Seokjin couldn't look at Namjoon for long without blushing so he averted his gaze, not wanting to come off as rude. 

"We were discussing the marriage dates along with your parents. Will you be okay if we hold it next month?" his mother-in-law questioned him with a smile. Seokjin shook his head shyly, cheeks tinting pink at the thought of finally getting married to Namjoon. 

"Perfect!" she exclaimed, clapping her hand. "You and Namjoon can go to your room while we discuss the rest of the details alright?" his mother said, patting his back gently. 

Seokjin nodded, obediently standing, beckoning Namjoon who followed him to his room. No sooner the door was shut behind them, he found himself pinned against the wall, Namjoon's lips attached to his. 

They kissed passionately, shutting the world out for a minute or so. They pulled away for breath, panting, a shy smile resting on their lips. Seokjin's eyes were wide, surprised by how desperate he was for the alpha's touch even after spending little time apart. 

The alpha tilted his face upwards, placing a kiss a on his forehead. He pulled back, searching for the omega's eyes and when he found them, he saw surprise, confusion and probably fear too. "I'm sorry I should've told you before.... The news came as a surprise to me too. I mean, I knew that they were going to bring the topic up sometime but I did not expect it to be this soon. I think we both thought that", he explained. Seokjin nodded in agreement, equally surprised by how quickly their families were rushing into it. 

"The time is okay with you right?" he asked again. The omega hesitated a little, "I- Can we please postpone it. One month seems a bit too early... Can we postpone it by a month please. Two months should be enough" he suggested. 

To his relief Namjoon immediately agreed, promising to talk to his parents about it. Seokjin's hands went up to poke on of the dimples, which only deepened as Namjoon's smile grew wider. So many years down the line and he still couldn't get over those cute little dips in the skin.