CHAPTER 23

Yohan opened the door to reveal Namjoon standing outside. It was late at night so he was a little surprised. That evening, Namjoon departed from their house due to an urgent call from palace. Nevertheless, Seojin felt that he did not come bearing good news.

"Can I please talk to you for a minute?" he asked.

"Of course. Come on in", he said, opening the door wider and stepping aside.

Soon they were sitting on a table, a hot piping cup of tea placed infront of them. Yohan did not say anything, just waited patiently for the knight to speak. "The rebels are getting out of hand at the northeast border. We have been comanded to reach there at the fastest. I leave tomorrow at midnight. How long I will be gone? I don't know that. It depends on how fast the issue is resolved. I've talked to my parents. We will have to postpone the marriage ceremony".

"Is there no way you could decline it?" Seojin asked. "I could, but I believe there will be a huge possibility that I will have to go there sometime or the other. Plus this is just a conflict yet. It can very well transform into a war. And if that happens, there is not guarantee of when I will return or return at all. It is better for me to go now and do my best to get the situation under control with my colleagues. The situation is very delicate and a single wrong move can trigger a war. I hope you understand" he said.

"Very well Namjoon. We'll postpone it. I understand that it is your duty as a knight, but come back safe for Seokjin's sake" Yohan agreed. 

"Thank you" Namjoon muttered gratefully, bowing to both of them. "One more thing, talk to Seokjin before you leave". "Yes sure.. Is it possible for me to do that now? I doubt I'll get time to talk to him tomorrow". "He went to be sometime ago but he's probably still awake, so you can check", saying so the couple stepped out of the room, making way their own.

Namjoon walked towards Seokjin's room. It was quiet so he assumed that the other two brothers were already asleep. Without knocking, he turned the knob to find that it hadn't been locked. He stepped inside the otherwise dark room, a little amount of light emitting from the small lamp at the bedside table. Windows were closed and the curtains were drawn. 

The body under the covers moved a little, fidgeting around before going still again. He closed the door and locked it, then he made his way to the bed. He took off his coat slid under the covers, hand tracing the hip before pulling it towards his body. Placing a kiss on the neck, he whispered into his ear, "Seokjin?"

When there was no answer, he bit the earlobe prompting a sound from his lover. "Go away, I'm sleeping" he whined, refusing to look at him. 

Namjoon chuckled softly, his hand slid under Seokjin's face, turning it upwards so that he was looking at him. The omega pushed him away with a pout, refusing to meet his face. With a sigh he tried again, "Love look at me".

Finally the said omega turned on his side so that he was looking at Namjoon. The alpha frowned as he saw tears in his eyes, hands coming up to wipe them, "What's wrong?" he asked. "I heard you". 

"What did you hear?" he asked again. "That you're going to leave me and go away" came the answer.

Namjoon pulled him into his arms, Seokjin burying his face in his chest. "I'm not leaving you Jin. It's my duty and I'm going to finish it and come back to you okay? I'm sure it won't take a lot of time, it will be over before you know it". 

"When will you come back?" The omega asked him. "I don't know" came the answer. Seokjin's grip tightened around him, "Promise me that you'll stay safe and not get hurt". "I will try" the alpha replied.