CHAPTER 28

Taehyung stared at the prince, perplexed as he paced the length on the room, seemingly deep in thought. He looked anxious, letting out a sigh at intervals, muttering to himself. It had been fifteen minutes since he had entered the room on the royals orders but the he hadn't said a word to the Hwarang.

"Is something bothering your highness?", Taehyung questioned at last, not able to withstand the deafening silence. "Uh... ah yes my dear Hwarang", the prince said, pausing his steps as if he finally snapped back to reality. 

"I am being tormented by thoughts which to be frank are not something I think about often. But you see, given our current times and the increasing destruction caused by those against me..... against us, I mean, makes me wonder; What if we have a traitor among us, among the Hwarang?", he uttered.

"I assure you, your highness that that is not something which will happen. Do you not remember that we chosen individually by you? Our pledge is to stay by your side and defend you like an armor you highness. Not even a hint of betrayal will ever be visible in our and I give you my word for that", Taehyung answered with conviction in his voice.

"But even so, if something like that happen, promise me that you will be on my side always and never go against me", the prince said looking at Taehyung in the eyes. 

"I give you my word your highness that I will never go against the royal family, not even think about it. It is my duty as your Hwarang to stay and protect you all times, even if it costs my life" he answered.

"Good. Thank you my Hwarang, you have put my worries to rest" the prince said, looking relieved. "But remember this promise that you have made to  me". "I will your highness" Taehyung affirmed with a smile, stepping back and exiting the room.

XXX  

"Tae...... Taehyung? TAE!"

Taehyung looked up to find Jimin's face close to his, his pretty eyes staring into his with slight irritation. "Where were you? I called you like five times" Jimin whined, flicking the latter's forehead with a finger. The Hwarang sat back and groaned, rubbing his palm onto his forehead to sooth the skin there, pouting at Jimin.

The beta merely huffed, his small chubby hands grabbing onto Taehyung's bringing him closer. The alpha immediately felt the pace of his heart pickup and he visibly gulped, "W- what?", he muttered as Jimin wouldn't stop staring at him. 

"Nothing. Just checking if you finally awake from whatever dreamland you were in" Jimin sassed back, yelping as Taehyung immediately retaliated with a finger flick.

"I wasn't dreaming Chim, I was thinking about something" the Hwarang said stepping ahead of the beta who immediately followed, skipping slightly to keep in pace. "About what?" he asked curiously to which the alpha only shook his head. 

"Nothing important". " Well whatever it is, managed to occupy your thoughts so I know it's important but it's fine if you don't want to tell me" Jimin answered. Taehyung merely hummed in reply, eyes trained ahead so  the beta skipped ahead and stopped right in front of him, turning to look at Taehyung.

"Tell me something Tae. Do I ever occupy your thoughts?" he asked, his heart thudding in his chest for some reason as he spoke. Taehyung stopped in his tracks making him pause too, looking back at him. 

Jimin backed against the wall as Taehyung came way too close to him, his deep eyes boring into his. "Believe me Minnie", he said lowly, finger coming to tilt his chin up so that Jimin was looking at him in the eyes, breath fanning his face. 

"Nine out of ten time, you are the reason why" he whispered. Jimin gulped at the look in his eyes, a shiver running down his spine when Taehyung leant in, eyes fluttering close, lips parted in anticipation.